I. Match the examples to the crimes
15:00 Sunday, May 13
ENCI English Center, 76 Giai Phong St., Hanoi
MANSLAUGHTER, IS IT A CRIME?
blackmail bribery burglary drug dealing fraud
hijacking mugging murder rape robbery
smuggling terrorism theft vandalism kidnapping
1. A gang took a rich man’s son and asked the family for money.
2. An insane woman went to her ex-husband’s house and shot him dead.
3. A passenger on a flight made the pilot land in the desert.
4. After the party the man made the woman have sex against her will.
5. We came home from holiday and found out that our TV had gone.
6. Someone tried to sell me some marijuana during a concert.
7. When the border police searched his car, it was full of cigarettes.
8. Someone threw paint on the statue in the park.
9. He said he’s send the photos to a newspaper if the actress didn’t pay him a lot of money.
10. An armed man walked into a bank and shouted, “Hands up!”
11. A man transferred company money into his own bank account.
12. A builder offered the mayor a free flat in return for a favor.
13. Two men left a bomb in the supermarket car park.
14. Somebody stole my car last night from outside my house.
15. A man held out a knife and made me give him my wallet.
II. Food for thought!
1. Have you ever heard any stories about manslaughter? Share with you friends those.
2. What are the differences among murder, manslaughter and assassination?
3. Is manslaughter considered to be a crime?
4. What are differences between voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter?
5. What punishments should be given for manslaughter?
Time: 15:00 every Sunday
Address: 76 Giai Phong Street, 4th floor,
Membership fee: 50k/ 3 months
Yahoo ID: galenglishclub
Venue sponsor: ENCI English center - http://enci.edu.vn/
Hotline: Đỗ Quang Toản (Mr.): 01689.987.205