(Deadline for online application: 30th September 2010 at 12.00 hours a.m. - Italian time)
Application requirements call for applicants 26th cycle
1. Read the new call for applicants 26th cycle carefully
2. Check you have all the requirements mentioned in article 3 of the call for applicants
3. If you hold a foreign degree, read below;
4. If you have to attach documents, remember that they must be in .pdf or .jpg or .doc format;
5. Fill in the application form online.
Within October 3rd 2010
candidates who compete for the reserved places must send by e-mail, on penalty of exclusion, their own research project
in one of the thematic area indicated by the Doctoral programmes writing to email@example.com
In addition to that candidates must communicate with the same e-mail 2 titles of the interested research projects chosen among those proposed by the Doctorates
The board of examiners will be not in any case constrained by this communication. The judging committee in fact will assign the place on the basis of a merit ranking list.
With the online procedure you can apply for the PhD courses directly without coming to the University. The University makes Internet access stations available to candidates at: Infopoint
, via Po 29, Palazzo degli Stemmi (open from Monday to Friday from 09 a.m. to 07 p.m.)
A)If you already have an account as STUDENT with the University of Torino - MyUnito:
Enter your /username/ and /password/ in the University of Torino portal.
Select /Log in/ on the home page or click directly on http://my.unito.it
Follow the instructions and fill in the following sections:
- Admission exam
- PhD programme
- Select the PhD programme following the instructions
- Print the application form, the fees and contributions form, and the student data sheet
(remember that receipt for payment will be asked for at the written examination).
B)If you are not already registered as STUDENT with MyUnito
Apply on the University of Torino web portal at http://my.unito.it/registrazione
In order to register you must create a personal e-mail address:
- verify that this is functioning properly because you must use it during the registration procedure on the portal;
- select a password and remember it, because you must use it to access the portal after closing the registration procedure;
- after entering your personal data, the automatic reply will ask you to confirm the registration. Within 1 hour you must confirm the registration, following the instructions in the e-mail, otherwise you must register again;
- after your confirmation you will receive a second e-mail with the username and password you have already selected. Use it to log in on the UniTO web portal;
Select “login” on the home page or click directly on http://my.unito.it
and follow the instructions at point A).
If you are resident abroad, read here
By “residence” we mean the place where you usually live, that is the address, the Country and the town mentioned on your passport or identity document. Residence is different from your domicile, which is the place where you have settled, even temporarily, your headquarters for your business and interests.
The Doctoral School/ specialisation can reserve a certain number of positions to candidates resident abroad. In this case you can:
- Fill in the online application form and attend the competitive examinations
- Fill in the online application form and participate by assessment of academic titles (for further information about which titles can be assessed and how to send your titles, please refer to article 5 of the call).
In order to participate, you must choose ONE of the two possibilities.
If you hold a foreign degree
You must obtain a statement of equivalence by the School Teaching Committee. In order to obtain it, you must follow the instructions that you can find in article 3 of the call for applicants: "...[..] In order to allow the School Teaching Committee to issue a statement of equivalence, the candidate must provide:
1)a sworn translation of the Graduate Degree certificate
translated and a "dichiarazione di valore" ( statement of value)
Documents described in point 1) must be attached to the online form through the online procedure. Candidates who do not attach the required documents will be excluded from the procedure.
The abovementioned certificates and documents in foreign languages (except for English and French) must be translated and sworn by the appropriate diplomatic authorities or Italian consulates abroad, and must conform to the current legislation in the country of origin.
If it is not possible to provide the /dichiarazione di valore/ (statement of value) , at the time of application, candidates must follow the procedure set out above, attaching a personal declaration duly signed, by which they undertakes to provide the requested documents as soon as possible (see Enclosure B). Candidates who do not provide the abovementioned document will be excluded from the procedure.
Following admission, the statement of value must be provided by and no later than
the date on which the course officially begins, on penalty of exclusion.
If you graduated in Germany or Austria you need not ask for a statement of equivalence
The results concerning the issue of your statement of equivalence by the Doctorate Teaching Committee will be published on the website: (XXVI ciclo and Phd competition) at least two days before the date the written competition is held.
For any problems, please contact:
Divisione Ricerca e Relazioni Internazionali
Servizio Ricerca e Formazione Avanzata
U.O. Internazionalizzazione del Dottorato
Via Bogino, 9 - Torino
Fax: +39 0116704380