1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

1001 questions of yours .

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi dirosemimi, 16/04/2002.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    This is a topic for you to post your questions of English , i.e grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, how to study English well , etc....and also , you can post your idea, your opinion about the organization and the online and offline activities of our Club.

Dirosemimi

Được sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 16/04/2002 15:10
  2. dirosemimi

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    this is the message from HTung :
    Hi, everytime I'm online, I go and find but I can't see our club, so you have moved it to this place. At last, I found you! (like a romantic story!). But, dirosemimi, do you know that one of our topic is being clocked? Let me see.... that's 'IF YOU WANT TO BE A SG ENGLISH MEMBER',let's check that!
    I think we need a topic for anoucement , such as offline activity, election.
    Waiting for our new interesting acitivity!

Dirosemimi
  3. dirosemimi

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Reply from Dirosemimi :
    I have already opened the topic " IF YOU WANT ......" Now, you can register there.
    To HTung and Starry_river : please register again in the topic " IF YOU WANT TO BE..." so that I could set title for you.
    Thankz

Dirosemimi

Được sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 16/04/2002 15:01
  4. Quanbanh97202

Quanbanh97202 Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    10/03/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hey Dirosemimi, do you think this sentence is ok?
    "When I grew up, I saw how some of my friends had had to work *****pport their families since they were little."
    QUAN BANH
  5. Mahars

Mahars Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    21/02/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Arial, Tahoma" id=quote>Trích từ:Hey Dirosemimi, do you think this sentence is ok?
    "When I grew up, I saw how some of my friends had had to work *****pport their families since they were little."[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, can I give my opinion about this sentence please ? Your salutation "hey Dirosemimi" made me hesitate for a while....
    I think in regard to the meaning, the sentence is quite ok. However, its regid gramma sounds a bit awkward...I guess using present perfect tense for the clause "Some of my friends had had to work ...." is acceptable. In ad***ion, I'm not sure if your "saw" meant "realised" or "understood"...
    So here is my sentence: When I grew up, I realised that how some of my friends have had to work hard *****pport their families since they were very young...
    Hmm, after rewriting the sentence, i find it clumsy too...
    ----Tough times don't last but tough people do----
    Được sửa chữa bởi - mahars vào 19/04/2002 19:07
  6. dirosemimi

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I think quanbanh's sentence is so awkward. Mahars' one is a little bit better. But in my opinion , we should make it simple , hihi...., I always like the sentence" make it simple" :
    When I grew up , I saw some of my friends had to work *****pport their families when they were very young.
    (it's no need to use the word " how" , it sounds Vietnamese - English and we shouldn't use Past Perfect in this case .)

Dirosemimi

Chia sẻ trang này