1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Buster Posey all set to move on from baseball, states goodbye

Chủ đề trong 'Nhạc cổ điển' bởi nguyenquynhanh20149, 08/11/2021.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. nguyenquynhanh20149

nguyenquynhanh20149 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/09/2018
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP)-- Originally, as a young player greater than a decade back, Buster Posey had a tough time understanding exactly how the San Francisco Giants strive to humanize their gamers, to link them with a fan base that desires absolutely nothing greater than to be familiar with the celebrity professional athletes it supports.
    ladies love baseball print sweatshirt
    He absolutely gets it currently. He appreciates his place in leaving long lasting memories for families to value as well as pass down, as well as what he indicates to attaching an area-- and also even all those Bay Location dogs out there named Buster as well as Posey.

" It's probably something early in my occupation that I thought was a waste of time," Posey shared. "As well as I really did not understand it. But as the years have passed I've realized simply exactly how impactful that can be. If it impacts one person in a favorable means it deserves your time."

The popular catcher provided a genuine bye-bye to baseball on Thursday adhering to an embellished 12-year occupation with the Giants throughout which he won 3 World Collection champions and guided a long listing of celebrity pitchers, but likewise an equally remarkable job off the field such as his vigorous commitment to pediatric cancer cells and also aiding others.

" I make sure there are youngsters around today that have viewed me play my whole job. They really could be grownups currently," Posey stated. "There's moms and dads and also there's grandparents, aunts and also uncles, nieces and nephews, relatives that can still remember precisely where they were when Edgar Renteria struck the game-winning homer in Texas that led the 2010 San Francisco Giants to their first Globe Series title."

Part of the factor he is walking away at 34 after among his finest periods yet is to spend more time with his 4 children. As well as no question he will certainly be active. Posey pulled out of the coronavirus-shortened 2020 period after he as well as partner Kristen adopted prematurely born child women to join older doubles Addison and also Lee.

" I want to be able to do even more stuff from February to November with my household," he claimed.

The pull by doing this has been there a while currently for the seven-time All-Star.

" I think the year off most likely did play into the decision a bit," Posey said. "I really did not come close to the season as well as say this is certainly it. ... I can honestly say no, playing the method I did didn't guide me, and also I believe that belongs to the reason that I do feel at peace with my decision."

The Giants had actually been prepared to work out Posey's $22 million club alternative for 2022 if he wanted to play, however he had an idea before this record-setting, 107-win Giants period began this could be it.

" I kind of entered into this last season sensation like it could be my last," Posey said. "Simply offered myself some space in my mind to be alright with choosing otherwise if I intended to maintain playing and I actually simply never ever wavered."

Even after he batted.304 with 18 homers and also 56 RBIs, resistant down the stretch as his body was feeling it though he revealed his operatively fixed ideal hip had actually lastly healed three years after surgical treatment.

Posey claimed he conveniently could have called it an occupation 5 years back as well as attributed the training team for maintaining him on the field.

The 2010 NL Novice of the Year, Posey came back from a damaging, season-ending leg injury in 2011 to win NL MVP the following year.

He tore three ligaments in his left ankle joint and damaged a bone in his reduced leg when he was run over by the Marlins' Scott Cousins on May 25, 2011. Posey responded by winning the 2012 batting crown and MVP honors while leading the Giants to a 2nd World Series champion in a three-year span. In all, he won World Series titles in 2010, '12 and also '14.

Big league Baseball took on a policy restricting home plate crashes ahead of the 2014 season after Posey's injury triggered a reassessment.

" Buster, there's no far better than him for me. I've been privileged to have some fantastic ones on both sides, as for his presents and also skills as well as the individual that he is, he's right up there on top," former Giants manager Bruce Bochy claimed.

Posey shared particular minutes from each Globe Series win as well as pointed to Matt Cain's ideal game, also.

" To me this is what envelops baseball. It's a great deal greater than just winning or losing video games," he claimed. "It's about the moment invested with household, the plenty of all the time pulling for your team, riding the feelings of the highs, riding the emotions of the lows, as well as ultimately taking pleasure in individuals that you're with along the way as well as making excellent memories. I'm so very humbled to have played a part in some of those memories. To the followers, thanks for all your assistance I've obtained the last 13 periods."

Previous San Francisco left-hander Barry Zito posted a thoughtful homage to Posey on Twitter.

" You were 60 feet from me in my best as well as worst minutes in baseball. Your practical strategy to the game inspired me as well as every other gamer that entered those Giants locker spaces through the years," claimed Zito in a section of his lengthy blog post. "I wager you had no suggestion."

Now, the Giants must contemplate life without Posey behind the plate.

" Is this like a definite, for certain thing?" head of state of baseball procedures Farhan Zaidi quipped, "I simply needed to ask."

Chia sẻ trang này