1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Discussion about India and Indian people (or whatever you want but English only)

Chủ đề trong 'Ấn Độ' bởi saiyyan, 18/01/2008.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. saiyyan

saiyyan Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    20/11/2007
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Tìm mãi hổng thấy cái topic tiếng Anh đâu. Pot đại lên đây, sorry Mod nhé. Đừng treo nick của S, cho tớ cơ hội kiếm miếng cơm nhé.
    An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly that made the world community smile.
    A representative from India began: ''Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Rishi Kashyap of Kashmir, after whom Kashmir is named.

When he struck a rock and it brought forth water, he thought, ''What a good opportunity to have a bath.''

He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished.

A Pakistani had stolen them.''
    The Pakistani representative jumped up furiously and shouted,
    ''What are you talking about? The Pakistanis weren''t there then.''
    The Indian representative smiled and said, ''And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech.
    ''And they say Kashmir belongs to them.....!
  2. saiyyan

saiyyan Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    20/11/2007
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Guys, would you like to know a bit about hinduism ? I have got few lines about hinduism and wanna share with you. Again cant find out the English page, plz dont mind.
    The most well-known Hindu saying about religion is: "Truth is one; sages call it by different names."
    Fundamental Hindu beliefs include: the authority of the Vedas (the oldest Indian sacred texts) and the Brahmans (priests); the existence of an enduring soul that transmigrates from one body to another at death (reincarnation); and the law of karma that determines one''s destiny both in this life and the next.
    Most Hindus are devoted followers of one of the principal gods Shiva, Vishnu or Shakti, and often others besides, yet all these are regarded as manifestations of a single Reality.
    The ultimate goal of all Hindus is release (moksha) from the cycle of rebirth (samsara). For those of a devotional bent, this means being in God''s presence, while those of a philosophical persuasion look forward to uniting with God as a drop of rain merges with the sea.
    1. The purpose of life :
    In Hinduism, there is not just one purpose of human life, but four:
    Dharma - fulfilling one''s purpose
    Artha - prosperity
    Kama - desire, ***uality, enjoyment
    Moksha - enlightenment
    Dharma means one''s destiny or purpose. In general, it refers to one''s vocation or career, which is often defined by class and family. If a Hindu man''s father is a tire maker, his dharma is probably to make tires, too. Tra***ionally, the dharma of most women has been to be a housewife and a mother.
    Another aspect of dharma is paying the five debts. Hindus believe that they are born in debt to the gods and various humans, and they must repay those karmic debts during their lifetime. The debts are:
    Debt to the gods for their blessings; paid by rituals and offerings.
    Debt to parents and teachers; paid by supporting them, having children of one''s own and passing along knowledge.
    Debt to guests; repaid by treating them as if they were gods visiting one''s home.
    Debt to other human beings; repaid by treating them with respect.
    Debt to all other living beings; repaid by offering good will, food or any other help that is appropriate.
    Dharma also means righteousness, or living morally and ethically at all times.
    Artha: Prosperity
    Artha is prosperity or success in worldly pursuits. Although the ultimate goal of Hinduism is enlightenment, the pursuit of wealth and prosperity is regarded as an appropriate pursuit for the householder (the second of four life stages). It also ensures social order, for there would be no society if everyone renunciated worldly life to me***ate. But while Hindus are encouraged to make money, it must be within the bounds of dharma.
    Kama: Pleasure
    Kama (Sanskrit, "desire") primarily refers to romantic love and ***ual pleasure, though it can refer to desire in general. Like artha, kama is seen as an appropriate pursuit of the householder. The Kama Sutra, a manual for erotic and other human pleasures (like flower-arranging), is attributed to the sage Vatsyayana.
    Moksha: Enlightenment
    The ultimate end of every Hindu''s life is moksha, which can be understood in a variety of ways: liberation from rebirth, enlightenment, Self-realization, or union with God. This is considered to the be the highest purpose of life, although very few can achieve it in a single lifetime and there are a variety of paths to attain it.
  3. saiyyan

saiyyan Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    20/11/2007
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    The Sanskrit word karma means "actions" or "deeds." As a religious term, karma refers to intentional (usually moral) actions that affect one''s fortunes in this life and the next. Karma (or kamma in Pali) is a concept common to Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, but interpreted in different ways. This article focuses specifically on Hindu beliefs about karma.
    The concept of karma or "law of karma" is the broader principle that all of life is governed by a system of cause and effect, action and reaction, in which one''s deeds have corresponding effects on the future. Karma is thus a way of explaining evil and misfortune in the world, even for those who do not appear to deserve it - their misfortune must be due to wrong actions in their previous life.
    In Vedanta and Yoga teachings, there are three types of karma:
    Prarabdha karma - karma experienced during the present lifetime
    Sancita karma - the store of karma that has not yet reached fruition
    Agamin or sanciyama karma - karma sown in the present life that will come to fruition in a future life
    The process by which karma is understood to work through various rebirths is as follows:
    Good or bad actions create impressions (samskaras) or tendencies (vasanas) in the mind, which in time will come to fruition in further action (more karma).
    The seeds of karma are carried in the subtle body (linga), in which the soul transmigrates.
    The physical body (sthula sarira) is the field in which the fruit of karma is experienced and more karma is created.
  4. exentrix

exentrix Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    15/10/2008
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Anyone who talk with Indians on a regular basis should be aware of the emergence of Indian English as a dialect of English, and be able to understand what they really mean when they say certain things
  5. blackjack296

blackjack296 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    06/06/2004
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hey, anybody living in Pune Mumbai, help me pls
  6. sunny1983

sunny1983 Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    11/11/2003
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi, My company has 1 guy who studied in Pune University. I try to make contact and give u some info.
    Hope u best
  7. blackjack296

Tham gia ngày:
    06/06/2004
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Oh, thanks, looking for ur infor
  8. sunny1983

sunny1983 Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    11/11/2003
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hi black, are u still ok?
    I give his contact in your messenger. You can chat with him. I think It''s helpful to you because he lived in Pune for 5 years and made travel in a lots of city, including Delhi, Mumbai... hihi... It''s good news for traveller . Travelling in India is really attractive and sweet time.
    Tell him that you are my friend, his colleague studied in Kolkata. He will know . He is kindly friend and he will help you.
    Enjoy in India, I wish I have more time to travelling in the country
    Good luck
  9. blackjack296

Tham gia ngày:
    06/06/2004
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Thank for ur kind help. Frankly, i dont like India much, however, i have to stay here for a long term, I may be will spend almost my time for travelling around India, i think India''s attractive for travelling only, not good for living purpose
  10. viheart811

viheart811 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    06/03/2007
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hello Everybody,
    This is Terry, viheart811''s fiancee. I am pleased to announce to you that I proposed to viheart811 on 5th Feb 2010 and SHE ACCEPTED !!!! woohoo :-) (she cried a lot :D )
    We got engaged on 7th February 2010 at my house in Goa - viheart811 will post photographs later on...
    Does anybody on the forum have information about the following.:
    a) Whether it is better to register the marriage in India or Vietnam ?
    b) What is the process to be followed in either case ?
    I think we should build a database of this information, which should prove to be useful to all of you IF you decide to take the BIG STEP :-) like viheart and I did.
    Cheers !!!
    Terry

Chia sẻ trang này