1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

English đê!! Ai thi khối D thì vào đây, zúp nhau cái nào!!

Chủ đề trong '1984 Public' bởi cannibal, 28/10/2001.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. cannibal

cannibal Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    26/05/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    English đê!! Ai thi khối D thì vào đây, zúp nhau cái nào!!

Chào bọn ấy, nhứt là những bạn thi khối D!!
    Ở trên này tớ thấy có box English nhưng mà chưa học hỏi được ở các bác í cái gì cả. Tớ nghĩ nên vào hỏi trong hội với nhau là tốt nhất. Tớ có vài cái cũng hay hay nên post lên để mọi người cùng tham khảo:

Trong tiếng Anh hay có các Idioms. Nhiều khi gặp mà không biết nó nghĩa là gì. Tớ giới thiệu một vài cái tớ biết nhá:

A new broom: a new person in charge who makes changes.
    A wet blanket: someone who doesn't want to join in and spoil the fun for everbody else.
    A stuffed shirt: a pompous, self-opinionated person.
    A couch potato: someone who likes to sit in comfort and do nothing.
    An armchair critic: someone who expresses opinions about things he knows very little about.
    A fair weather friend: someone who stands by you only when things are going well
    A nosy parker: a gossip who wants to know everything that happens to other people.
    A rolling stone: someone who has no fixed root.

Khi làm bài tiếng Anh cũng hay gặp phải phrasal verb nữa, tớ rất kém khoản này. BẠn nào biết nhiều thì post lên cho tớ học thuộc với! Ví dụ như của một số động từ như take hoặc come, get ...

One heart can know what's true
    One life can make the diffrence.
  2. Kamejoko

Kamejoko Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    18/06/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Phrasal verbs: Ban o hieu sach cong truong ngoai ngu, gia 9000/quyen thi phai. Co khoang vai chuc ngan entry o trong ay => useless unless dung de tra cum tu khi dich.
    Hoc may cai cu chuoi nay thi tot nhat la kiem may quyen comic ma doc.

Please visit:
    www.thecos.org
    Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain
  3. cannibal

Tham gia ngày:
    26/05/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Chú này buồn cười, tớ nói thật, những cuốn đó tớ có đầy ra ấy chứ, nhưng chẳng ra làm sao cả. In lung ta lung tung, xem xong tiếc cả tiền.
    Mà cũng vì không có tiền nên mới phải giới thiệu lên đây để mọi người cùng tham khảo, em không quan tâm thì thôi, ra chỗ khác đi, mất cả hứng.
    Em về nhà đi, đừng thấy chị ở đây là chui vào!! Hết kẹo rồi nhá, thèm ăn thì tự đi mà mua.
    Bán ở ngoài cổng trường Mẫu Giáo Chim non 9000/ 1gói thì phải. Có khoảng vài chục loại kẹo trong đó tha hồ cho em chọn...
    One life can make the difference.
  4. Kamejoko

Tham gia ngày:
    18/06/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hơ hơ, trẻ con bây giờ đứa nào cũng hư.
    Thôi được rồi, không mua sách thì thôi để dành tiền mà ăn kẹo nhá. Thích phrasal verb hả? Take, come, get hả? Thế thì chịu khó đọc nhá. (TAKE đã, bao giờ chú rỗi post tiếp lên). Nghĩa của phrase thì dựa vào nghĩa của câu mà đoán mới nhớ được.
    TAKE
    A multinational company wanted to take my father's business over, but he rejected their offer. At the moment his days are empty. Encourage him to develop an interest. He should join a gym or take up a sport.
    David wanted to stop travelling, marry Bianca and buy a house, but after 6 months he took off again to travel round South America.
    Do you think George W Bush should take on the fight against global warming?
    Don't take it out on me because your boyfriend packed you in.
    Don't take it out on me because your boyfriend packed you in.
    Even though we know that people need places to live, we shouldn??Tt take up every bit of vacant land with more housing.
    Everybody warned him: his mum, his brothers, his friends - but he still took her back.
    Everyone says that she takes after her mother - they both have beautiful eyes and an aptitude for science.
    Have you ever taken on too much responsibility?
    He said I could not do that and that I would have to take it up with the manager.
    He seemed a little taken aback when shortly afterwards I told him to **** off and that I never wanted to see or hear from him ever again.
    He shouldn't take it out on you.
    He took her out to celebrate her birthday.
    He took up a job as a research assistant at a non-profit institution in Cambridge.
    He was hot so he took off his jacket.
    Her 3 small children took all her time and energy up.
    I decided to take on this project about 12 months ago.
    I didn't think I'd take to him, but now I've spent some time with him I think he's very nice.
    I had a lot of time on my hands so I decided to take up fishing.
    I have to go to the bank to take some money out.
    I hope you don't mind but I thought I'd take the evening off.
    I might just take you up on that
    I must take this book back to the library tomorrow.
    I often make the mistake of taking on too many difficult problems.
    I paused to lean on a white fence rail and take in the view.
    I take after my father but my brother is more like my mother.
    I think he should step down as chairman and let someone younger take over
    I took £20 out of my current account because I needed to pay cash for something.
    I was fed up with everything, so I thought I'd take myself off to Spain for a week.
    I was nervous as the plane took off because it was my first flight.
    I was standing there taking in the view.
    I'd like to take up karate again but don't have time.
    I'm afraid we have taken on too much and we're not managing things very well.
    I'm going to take this sweater back.
    If you don't like it I can always take it back to the shop.
    If you don't like the way you were treated at a store, take it up with the manager.
    If you have a problem, take it up with the boss.
    If you take my calculator away I won't be able to do the arithmetic.
    It's a long walk, but worth it, particularly on a sunny May morning when the English countryside takes on the sumptuous colours of spring.
    Kids do take up a lot of time, don't they? I have two children myself and I know all the attention they require.
    Look, I've been thinking. Why don't we take a couple of days off?
    Mrs Stevens was at the meeting, so her secretary took down my message.
    Often, taking up a sport is a better way to lose weight than just eating less.
    Phil took me away for the weekend.
    Please take your jacket off if you find the place too warm.
    Seven take away two equals five.
    She can't find a solicitor who is willing to take on her case.
    She gave him some friendly advice and suggested he should take up his dad??Ts offer.
    She has a busy social life, but the way she describes her drinking hints she readily takes up opportunities to drink.
    She takes after her dad.
    She took some money out of the bank.
    She took to her new class mates immediately - they were all so friendly and helpful.
    She was so beautiful I couldn't take my eyes off her.
    Still, I suppose it took your mind off things.
    Surely you should have consulted me before taking her on.
    The announcement was made so quickly that most people couldn't take it in.
    The children have taken up tennis and they're really enjoying it.
    The company is doing so well that we'll have to take on more staff.
    The important thing is to take up some kind of exercise. You'll lose weight quickly.
    The Olympic gold medalist only took cycling up 4 years ago.
    The paperwork for these contracts can take up a lot of time.
    The plane took off at six o'clock.
    The plane took off two hours late because of the fog.
    The project encourages young people to take up learning and training opportunities.
    The story takes us back to the night of November 30th 1942, when his plane was shot down by German anti-aircraft fire.
    The Worldwide Travel Group is going to take over a much smaller company.
    There's a rumour that ABC Ltd. is about to be taken over by their rival CBA Ltd.
    They took me on as a part-time worker, but now I've been given a full-time contract.
    Two coffees to take away, please.
    Walking is really taking off in Britain at the moment.
    We only visited two out of the five attractions on offer, but that took up most of our day.
    Will you stop taking it out on me?
    You can usually get onto a flight if you check in 20 minutes or so before the plane takes off.
    You can't put those boots in your suitcase; they take up too much space.
    You don't have to take it out on me, do you?

Please visit:
    www.thecos.org
  5. Rce

Rce Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    02/01/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Chả hiểu gì cả. Hai bác đang nói chuyện gì thế? -->
    Nhưng mà bạn Cannibal kiu quá. Anh í thích tăm tia thì kệ anh í. Cứ thấy anh í là đuổi. Sau ế đó.
    Rce
  6. Kamejoko

Tham gia ngày:
    18/06/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hơ hơ, mấy đứa nhóc này bùn cười nhỉ. Chú có tăm tia ai cũng chẳng vào cái club 1984 toàn trẻ con này đâu nhá. (It hurts huh, canibal? He he). Nhà chú chỉ có chú 1/2Nude là có âm mưu gì đó ở đây thôi.
    Hôm nay đến bài COME, chịu khó mà học nhá.
    COME
    Dr Walker, can we talk? - Yes, of course. Come through.
    At the end of the book you should come out with a greater understanding of the English grammar.
    Before we go to the cinema, why don't you come round to my house?
    Bill and Ben are coming round tonight - we're going to watch a video.
    Come on, it's not much further.
    Cornwall come out top for good pubs.
    Did she say when she's coming back?
    Do you mind if we come over and join you?
    For a couple who are never out of the public spotlight, it makes you wonder why they're so keen to stop this book coming out.
    Have you come across any good stories in the paper?
    He begged her to come back but she went ahead with the divorce.
    He comes across as one who thinks they're God's gift to the world.
    He had his operation early this morning and it seems he's come through it very well.
    How is your English coming along?
    How's dinner coming on? I'm starving.
    I came through the treatment looking and feeling twenty years younger.
    I can't live without it. Each time I've tried coming off it, I've slumped big time.
    I didn't hear you come in last night, son.
    I have to say we're fast coming round to their way of thinking.
    I just came out for a breath of fresh air.
    I knew it would all come out one day.
    I think I've got a headache coming on.
    I thought I'd better come round and apologize.
    I'd like you to come back in a couple of weeks so that I can see how you're getting on.
    I'll come back and pick them up later.
    I'll talk to her again. She might come round.
    I'm coming off anti-depressants now but I still feel anxious. I really regret taking Ecstasy, it's made me feel so terrible.
    I'm fortunate because I came into a lot of money when my aunt died.
    I'm waiting for the prices to come down. They say they're going to tumble.
    I've seen a lot of women very dejected to find themselves back at square one the moment they come off the tablets.
    If he doesn't come back in time, we'll have to put the meeting off until Monday.
    If you come across the fields, be careful of the bull. come across
    It occurred to him that he could come up with something a great deal simpler.
    It seems to be stuck on with glue and it won't come off.
    It was a long time before we came by the truth.
    It was cool and dark inside the wood. No sunlight came in at all.
    Jobs aren't that easy to come by these days.
    Jobs were not easy to come by, not even for someone as experienced and well-qualified as Joan.
    Look, I'll come round to yours later, yeah?
    Mel and Steve will definitely not last, she does not seem to be able to keep her knickers on and it won't be long before another looker comes along.
    My cousin was in a serious car accident last week. Fortunately, he came through it with only minor injuries.
    No-one can just come in and set up a pharmacy, so even if something was to happen it certainly would not be in the near future.
    Oh dear. I think I'm coming down with a cold.
    One bottle of orange juice, a sandwich and a cream cake. That comes to £4.50p
    One minute, I was talking to the nurses and the next I was coming to, my foot hurt and my tongue felt like a wool carpet.
    Peter came into a lot money when his uncle died.
    Pubs are discovering that customers come back if the meat they use has real flavour.
    Sally has recently come into a lot of money.
    She came off the antidepressants again - and, once more, came down with a crash.
    She came off the antidepressants again - and, once more, came down with a crash.
    She came through a very serious illness.
    She didn't come out well in the photo.
    She's leaving tomorrow and coming back on Saturday.
    She??Ts always coming out with the most outrageous remarks.
    Thanks for coming over so quickly.
    The attitude that comes across most strongly from these soap characters is one of boredom, discontentment or unhappiness.
    The garden always looks lovely when the roses come out.
    The video originally came out every three months, but we soon switched to one every month.
    The words I had forgotten are coming back to me now.
    This stretch of coastline is famous for the fossils that you just come across lying on the beach.
    We came back all refreshed from the fresh air and exercise.
    We can manage, you know, without you coming in every five minutes to check up on us.
    We grew up with a sense of heroes and good and evil which came out of those movies.
    We must not let this silly quarrel come between us.
    Well, the swelling's gone down and it's coming along nicely.
    When Rose came to in the lifeboat, she could not remember what had happened.
    When you lose everything you find out who your real friends are - they're the ones who stay with you when you come down in the world.
    Would you like to come round on Saturday? We'll be in all day.
    Yes, but if we each invite five friends who also invite five friends, the total number of people at the party will come to over 200!
    You know that stereo I bought? Well, one of the knobs has come off.
    You'd better make sure you know these verbs because they always come up in the exam.
    You're going to have to come up with something to tell her.

Please visit:
    www.thecos.org
  7. kitaa323

kitaa323 Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    31/12/2000
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Khie^'p ,da`i ngoa(`ng :D the em Canibal da hoc thuoc ba`i chua . Hom nao bao anh di an kem anh da.y cho .
  8. Rce

Rce Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    02/01/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Anh kame ác quá hurts. Có không thích thì cũng ko nên nói trắng ra như thế. Anh thấy chưa. Anh nói thế bây h nó chẳng còn vào nữa. Khổ thân bạn Can, kệ anh í Can ạ!
    Rce
  9. longatum

longatum Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    07/10/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hệch, tiếng Anh thì có đếch gì mà học, dễ bỏ xừ, héhé, đùa tẹo.
    Phrasal verb thì học làm đếch gì, phí thời gian vô ích, có cả mấy chục ngàn cái verb như thế, đến dân Mẽo nó còn nhầm nữa là. Đấy là khoảng khó nhất nhì trong tiếng Anh, thi đại học cũng kô có nhiều đâu. Xưa anh học chuyên Anh Ams cũng khổ luyện cái đó, ra vẻ ta đây lắm, cuối cùng vứt đi hết, chẳng để làm gì.
    Sang box English đê. Vào Purdue Uni's Online Writing Lab để học viết. Thiết thực nhất đoá.
    BE YOUR SELF AS THOSE WHO MATTER DONT CARE AND THOSE WHO CARE DONT MATTER
  10. cannibal

Tham gia ngày:
    26/05/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Cám ơn bé Kamejoko nhá, thực ra bài này chị đọc từ hôm trước rồi, nhưng chưa có thời gian nên không trả lời được.
    To Longatum: Em cũng học chuyên Anh Ams anh ạ, theo em cái gì cũng nghĩ là không cần học thì sẽ chẳng học được cái gì cả. Có thể Đh không cần dùng đến nhiều, nhưng tiếng Anh biết được càng nhiều càng tốt thôi. Em không phải học tiếng Anh chỉ để cho thi ĐH, mà còn cho nhiều việc khác.
    Dù sao nó cũng là phương tiện, có thể mình dùng không nhiều trong trường học, nhưng biết được cái gì thêm thì vẫn hơn chứ sao.
    Em làm bài tiếng Anh khá nhiều, lại đụng vấn đề này thường xuyên nữa (anh học chuyên Anh thì chắc cũng biết). Thấy mình kém nên mới đem ra hỏi mọi người, chưa chi đã bị chửi tơi bời thế này...
    ----------------------------------
    Cái gì về tiếng Anh cũng nói trên này thì sao mà đủ được, tớ chỉ muốn hỏi kinh nghiệm một vài vấn đề thôi.
    Ngoài pharasal verbs tớ cũng gặp nhiều các idioms nữa, những idioms mà mình áp dụng được vào bài writing thì rất sinh động.
    Làm thế nào để biết thêm (+nhớ) những cái này, ai có kinh nghiệm chỉ bảo dùm cái.
    Cám ơn mọi người cùng các bác nhiều nhiều...
    à, To Kitaa323 : bác dạy chương trình gì ạ? Cho cháu biết mới để còn chuẩn bị tiền kem
    One life can make the difference.

Chia sẻ trang này