1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Essay

Chủ đề trong 'Anh (English Club)' bởi Summer-rain, 10/04/2001.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. Summer-rain

Summer-rain Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    18/02/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I have had a dream of being a boy for a long time. I could not remember how many times I asked my mother why I was not a boy. I love to be a boy.
    I was born in a family in which men are major. I knew many boys 'games such as playing football, playing table tennis, playing mables, etc; but I rarely knew any girls'games. I didnâ?Tt like playing merchandising game as other girls. I also did not like dolls. I remembered that one day after a long business trips my father brought me a very beautifull doll. I played with her for only one hour and then that doll was broken into parts. I did not know why the doll's eyes could blink and I broke her head, took out her eyes to study how they could blink. Since that my parents 've never bought dolls for me. My mother didn't want me to behave like a boy. She did not allow me to play boy'games. She said that it's terrible. I had ever been locked in my house whole day because of wearing shorts while playing football with my boy friends. At that time I wished I would be a boy then I could play freely. When I grew up a bit I felt jealous of my brothers. I had to do all houseworks while my brothers never touched it. They said that was womenâ?Ts duties. I felt unlucky when I was a girl and the dream of being a boy followed me until the day I realised that I was lucky to be a girl. I have a more beautiful body than boys. I have the emotions that boys have never had. I am proud of doing womenâ?Ts works that men did not know how to do. I am proud of what Iam and the idea of being a boy disappeared from my mind since then.

2. red-river

red-river Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    30/03/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Well, your essay doesn't sound good but it's okay. It will be better if you keep writing. I want to change our club's rules a little bit so it works better.
    From now on, we will not choose topic and then write about it. First of all, we need to practice how to think in English. To do that, we should write personal journal (that's what I am doing in my English class now and I think it works). It means we just write whatever we want, whatever come to our mind and try to make it sounds good. By the time, we can think in English when we write. After this step, we will move to writing about specific topics which require organization, opinions, ideas...
    How do you like it?
    :-)
    rr@
    rr@
  3. Black_Thunderbird_new

Black_Thunderbird_new Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    12/11/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I think Summer-Rain's essay would be better if she paid more attention to link words and grammar as well. As to its content, she had good ideas for that subject.
  4. despi

despi Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    29/04/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    http://www.ttvnonline.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4561
    We already discussed this essay here .
    Despair is not Hopeless!​
  5. longatum

longatum Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    07/10/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    When writing an essay, besides the basic rules like "3 parts of the essay: opening, thesis, conclusion," keep in mind that you need to identify your readers. that means: you need to know to whom you are writing. For when you know your readers well, you will have a better look at what "level" of language you should use, for instance. Writing to a professor or to the admission staff of a university is obviously different from writing to your friends, right?
    Also, remember to put up a name for your essay. Without a name, sometimes your essay doesn't make any sense at all. For example, people will understand the above essay with the title: "A lesbian wannabe diary" differently if it has another title, say, "How I wanted to be a boy."
    Another good thing to keep in mind: Using present tense never hurts. Using present tense prevents you from making silly grammar mistakes, which often times are not silly at all as tenses pretty much get complex as the essay goes on. Using past tense for your essay may sounds sophisticated at first as it resembles the way novels are written, however, it may get very awkward later when you or others re-read it. In most cases, present tense can be used to address events that HAPPEN even in the past.
    BE YOUR SELF AS THOSE WHO MATTER DONT CARE AND THOSE WHO CARE DONT MATTER
  6. NgoayTai

NgoayTai Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    28/08/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    BE YOUR(no space) SELF AS THOSE WHO(SE?) MATTER DON(')T CARE AND THOSE WHO CARE DON(')T MATTER
  7. longatum

longatum Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    07/10/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    BE YOUR(no space) SELF AS THOSE WHO(SE?) MATTER DON(')T CARE AND THOSE WHO CARE DON(')T MATTER
    Cảm ơn bác về cái chỗ space, em viết chắc không để ý lắm. cái Dont thì viết thế cho nhanh, signature chứ có phải assignment đâu. Còn cái Who hay Whose thì chắc bác hiểu nhầm ý em rồi.
    BE YOUR SELF AS THOSE WHO MATTER DONT CARE AND THOSE WHO CARE DONT MATTER

Chia sẻ trang này