1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Halloween Angels

Chủ đề trong 'Anh (English Club)' bởi kocotengica, 30/10/2001.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. kocotengica

kocotengica Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    16/02/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Halloween Angels
    By Steven J. Lesko Jr.
    Submitted by Laurie S. Brooks

On Halloween, I brought my wife home from the hospital to live out her remaining days. Remembering that the children would come for trick-or-treat, and realizing that I was not prepared with any candy, I quickly gathered whatever I could find in the house.

The first arrivals were three girls about fifteen years old. I apologized for my poor treats and told them I was not able to get any because of my wife's illness. They thanked me and went off. About a minute later they returned, and each one gave me a handful of candy from their bags. Through my tears, I tried to return it, but these wonderful young ladies rushed off, leaving me with: "We hope she gets well."

I do not know these beautiful young women, but I'd like them to know that their simple act of kindness brought joy and hope to me when there was none.

Even though my wife has since passed on, the memories of a sad time will be brightened by the thought of the kindness of these three angels. May God bless them.

www.chickensoup.com (30/10/2001)

------------------------------
    If you wish hard enough, long enough, anything is possible
  2. Nha`que^

Nha`que^ Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    20/02/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    That was so sweet!
    Ch?ân ?đ?St m?ắt s?áng
  3. DrDinh

DrDinh Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    16/10/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hi
    i don't know how it passed in americain, but in france, it was so boring.
  4. Gorillaz

Gorillaz Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    11/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    That was so great when i joined our Haloween party in our school!We have to make up into any charater that can make poeple scream ! yup yup ! Its not a simple thing to do. First I planned to buy a mask to become a ghost or something.( horror-stricken).Then, my mom told me not to do it coz it wasn't a "special"thing! She bought for me a socerer hat( It was .. terrible). She made up for me ( put some black color in my body , a little powder in my face and green color in my eyes) How did I look like ? A real socerer ...
    It was quite fun when I came to school.I thought that my friends would laugh at me but they didn't. :)U know why ? Becoz they were all like me !:D .We danced together with Rock music.. sang... and alot of things.The most horrible thing that i felft is watching horror movie. When we (all girls) were watching horror films in the room, there was some strange sound ( kit ket ... ) that made me scared. And suddenly,... .. hic I cant tell u coz it was terrible !:(
    Anyway, I had a lot of fun during the Haloween fes.And that was my first time having a great party like that.I ever had that when I was in VN ! It was an nice experience for me !
    BN
    When u receive a kindness; remember it, when u do a kindnes, forget it.

Chia sẻ trang này