1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Hot event : SEC's 26th Online Meeting - FAMILY - pg 22

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi dirosemimi, 20/03/2006.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. MrRichard

MrRichard Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    02/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I honestly looking forward to this meeting as I have renewed friendship with you and renewed faith in SEC. This should be a very good meeting.
  2. litte_spiderman

litte_spiderman Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    03/08/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    What the hell YM and Skype was yesterday ! We can''t make the conference smoothly. The first group I joined was always have problem. The second group was better but that was the time I have to go to sleep.
  3. mylisup

mylisup Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    26/10/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi all,
    I hope I will meet everybody on next friday
    YM : mylisup
  4. TrnHo

TrnHo Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    12/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    24th SEC Online Meeting
    MONEY is somewhat the biggest matter in most of our lives. Without it, people can go crazy. However, each person has different look on this matter (money). Some states they cannot live in this world without money. On the other hands, some says they can live in this world without money. Furthermore, some people think that money is driving us to be greedy while others think money is just the thing that we need *****rvive in this world. Somehow, the question of ?oIs money being considered a ?omust? thing for human beings?T need?? still renders people to put into an ongoing debate among our society. We have chosen ?omoney? to be the topic for this Friday?Ts online meeting due to its importance and its role in the human?Ts realm.
    Come and dig your thoughts on this issue. State your argument(s) to oppose your opponent(s)! Be precisely and be creative!!!
    [​IMG]
    MONEY - the Ongoing Argument of Human Existence
    1. How do you define "money"?
    2. Do you think money is necessary for your living? Why?
    3. Do you think it''s hard to earn money?
    4. What do you think about the statement, ?omoney can buy everything?? Do you believe in this statement? Why and why not?
    5. Would you let "money" control your life or you control over "money"? Which one do you prefer and why?
    6. What would you feel or do if there is no existence of money in this world?
    7. Here is a scenario: If a person owes you some money, and now he/she doesn''''t want to pay it back, what kind of reaction would you react? Would you go after him/her everyday to get the money back or would you just let that person have your money (your sweat)? What kinds of things you will do to solve this issue?
    8. If I say "money" is not my main purpose in life. What would you say to me? Would you agree or disagree? If yes or no, please state your argument to please the opponent.
    9. Is money the most important thing? Why and why not? If yes, tell us how money really means to your life. If no, what is the most important thing of your life?
    Được TrnHo sửa chữa / chuyển vào 11:46 ngày 09/11/2006
  5. kyanhpham

kyanhpham Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    18/05/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Everyone, plz read this carefully for the coming Online Meeting. Thnx !!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, everyone.
    Recently our Online Meeting activity is not successful ''coz of some outcomes like yahoo and skype poor connection. We know that there are many members kindly willing to join, but this matter has disappointed you. So, I think all of us here are hope to have a smooth discussion together... That''s why I got an idea of changing the form of the Online meeting. Here is my idea:
    1. We don''t have to gather just on Fri. Now, you''re free!!! Whenever you would like to have a talk, just set your stats "SEC Online Meeting". If we see that there are enough members to make a group, we will contact you immediately through: + Yahoo: to let you have a preparation and + Skype for a conference. Or, if you see your friends have that stats and you''re ready to talk too, ask them yourself...
    2. The topics will be posted for you once or twice a week. Therefore, we will inform you when it''s posted on SEC.
    3.. Plz, try to speak English when you''re in the Skype conference because this is an English speaking room.
    4. After the meeting online, you should do a report on the link we provide you on every Topic Board. It helps you much on your writing skill. So, plz take it as a chance to improve yourself, not a compulsory task you have to archieve.
    5. We really need your idea for the topic because we need a source of topics. So, plz support us to make the content and quatity of topics various and plentiful comparatively. ( send emails to secmods@yahoo.com, post articles to the thread of Online meeting, yahoo messenger directly, offline messages ). All is welcome appreciatedly !!!
    Hope that this activity will be concerned and encouraged by everyone who really care about English !!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sincerely,
    kyanhpham
  6. coldbutcool

coldbutcool Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    30/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    25th Online meeting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Introduction:
    Where dips the rocky highland
    Of Sleuth Wood in the lake,
    There lies a leafy island
    Where flapping herons wake
    The drowsy water-rats;
    There we''''''''''''''''ve hid our faery vats,
    Full of berries
    And of reddest stolen cheries.
    Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery, hand in hand,
    For the world''''''''''''''''s more full of weeping than you can understand.

-- William Butler Yeats, The Stolen Child--
    Memory of your Childhood
    1. IF you have chance, do you want to back to your childhood??? Why???
    2. What was your happiest and saddest memory of your childhood? Explain.
    3. What was the wildest thing that you''''''''''''''''ve done in your childhood if you could recall it?
    4. what was your childhood connected to, the image of your hometown, your friends., your first school,... ???
    5. Which holiday you like most as a child ??? why??? Share with us.

Reference Reading:
    My first childhood memory
    ?oArina, please! Get me out of here! I?Tm stuck! Please, hurry!?-were the first words and related images that came on my mind when thinking about one of my earliest memories. The person yelling desperately was my twin brother, Andy, who was stuck in the handle of one of the tall wardrobes from our grandparents?T house at the country and left hanging in the air like a coat.
    The reason of all this trouble was caused by our biggest desire as kids that meant eating as many sweets as one could. But as Grandma was very strict and gave us a portion a day, we tried to get the sweets ourselves. With our minds set on this purpose and in absolute silence, so grandma, who was outside, could not hear us, we started to climb towards the wardrobe, which, in those times, seemed as a 500 meters tall sky-scrapper.
    We managed to get on a tall chair and from there on the window?Ts sill, which was near the wardrobe. Then, we aimed the top of the wardrobe, towards which we jumped and managed to hold on to with our hands while hanging in the air. After that, we reached out our hands for the sweets, with the other supporting our hand. Once we grabbed a piece of chocolate or a candy, we were supposed to jump on the floor and enjoy our ?ocapturê? without anyone knowing about it.
    Despite our ?operfect plan?, something went wrong. I was the first who climbed over there and I jumped first. But when Andy?Ts turn came, he wasn?Tt as lucky as me: he got stuck in one handle of the wardrobe and remained hanging by his trousers. He looked very funny like that, with his pants up to his head, which made him look like a wet coat left to dry. Andy started to panic, thinking we would get caught and uselessly tried to free himself from that enervating handle. His restless movements and his beginning to cry made him look even funnier than before. I began to laugh and kept on laughing because I couldn?Tt help myself with my brother looking so silly.
    At that moment of ?ocrisis? entered grandma, who was very surprised to see one child crying and the other laughing. Finally, Andy was freed and we both got a lecture about asking for what you want and not trying to get it by yourself.
    Andy?Ts silly look and restless movements will always remain in my mind as on of the funniest memories of my happy childhood. And believe me that wê?Tve learned our lesson because we never tried that again!
    [​IMG]
    u?c coldbutcool s?a vo 15:06 ngy 15/11/2006
  7. kyanhpham

kyanhpham Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    18/05/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Plz, bring at least 1 of your child-looking photos if you can. It will be really funny !!!
  8. Redbull_lady

Redbull_lady Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    14/11/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi all,
    This subject is very well. I hope we will successful
    Skype ID: nhilinh77
    [​IMG]
  9. bichnga_nguyen13

bichnga_nguyen13 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    18/11/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi,all..
    I am a new member here and hope joint online meeting but I don''t know when ?Please tell me..
    I think I too old to joint here but I like attent to the club ...so don''t laugh at me if my Eng. too bad..
    Have a nice day to every one...!!!
  10. kyanhpham

kyanhpham Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    18/05/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Welcome to the 26th SEC''s Online Meeting !!!
    Cooking (an ongoing debate between tra***ional and modern values)
    1. what do you think about cooking in terms of tra***ional values?
    2. Do you like to cook ( both females and males )? Why or why not?
    3. How do you value "cooking"? If a female (nowadays) says, "she doesn''t like to cook," what do you think about it or how do you feel?
    4. Do you like to have a wife/a husband who knows how to cook?
    5. Would you cook for your husband/wife because he/she likes you to, or would you rather cook when he/she''s not pushing you to cook for him/her?
    6. What do you think about men doing the cooking at home as well as being chefs at restaurant?
    7. Argumentative question: Do you think the job of Chef is more suitable for which gender?
    8. Name something you like to cook or have for your meal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everyone, plz read this carefully for the coming Online Meeting. Thnx !!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. We don''''t have to gather just on Fri. Now, you''''re free!!! Whenever you would like to have a talk, just set your stats "SEC Online Meeting". If we see that there are enough members to make a group, we will contact you immediately through: + Yahoo: to let you have a preparation and + Skype for a conference. Or, if you see your friends have that stats and you''''re ready to talk too, ask them yourself...
    2. The topics will be posted for you once or twice a week. Therefore, we will inform you when it''''s posted on SEC.
    3.. Plz, try to speak English when you''''re in the Skype conference because this is an English speaking room.
    4. After the meeting online, you should do a report on the link we provide you on every Topic Board. It helps you much on your writing skill. So, plz take it as a chance to improve yourself, not a compulsory task you have to archieve.
    5. We really need your idea for the topic because we need a source of topics. So, plz support us to make the content and quatity of topics various and plentiful comparatively. ( send emails to secmods@yahoo.com, post articles to the thread of Online meeting, yahoo messenger directly, offline messages ). All is welcome appreciatedly !!!
    Hope that this activity will be concerned and encouraged by everyone who really care about English !!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sincerely,
    kyanhpham

Chia sẻ trang này