1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

How to learn English

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi aiggno, 17/04/2002.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. aiggno

aiggno Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    30/12/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    1. Passion: You must become crazy about learning English.

2. Dictionary: Get a good English dictionary.

3. Pronunciation: Learn to pronounce English sounds. Learn to understand phonetic transcription and the phonetic alphabet.

4. Get English into your head: Read and listen to lots of correct English sentences. You can do this by reading books (of course, English books ), watching movies (not Hong Kong or Koreâ?Ts films), playing Adventure games, listening English songs, joining this English Club ?

If you has other ways to learn English, please share them to us. Thanks.
  2. meohoang

meohoang Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    05/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hi! aiggno!!
    ya! you're right..! but there is one more thing really important that I've experienced....it's try to change your way of thinking ....I mean try to think everything absolutely in English straight way, not think in your language then translate it into English......That's it!!
    Enjoy yourself !!!
    MeoHoang
  3. SV-Stars

SV-Stars Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    22/02/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I mean try to think everything absolutely in English straight way, not think in your language then translate it into English......
    meohoang, I think your idea is so difficult to carry out. It requires a good vocabulary to express your idea. If you're in a English-speaking community, there's nothing to argue, but we're in Vietnam,
    I try my way, reading as much books as possible, specially books of my interest. I recommend reading classic novels to enrich your words, hehe. Another way to improve your listening is to enjoy the US famous film in DVD format (to get the highest quality images and sound.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Học, học nữa, học mãi, hộc máu
  4. meohoang

meohoang Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    05/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    To SV-stars: well ! I don't think it's impossible, cause you could do it anywhere you're prefer, in the English speaking Club, while listening music, or even you could try to think when you're alone...!! ....it's really doesn't matter about you don't have enough word to express yourself......cause there are so many ways to do it ...rite..(even body language)...??
    Cheerrrrrrrrr!!
    MeoHoang
  5. HTung

HTung Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    31/01/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Yes, I have the same thinking with meohoang
    I think we don't need to understand all the vocabularies in the context. Because the only thing you need is its content, its ideas. I usually read a context very fast and try to take a while look on that context so I can easily obtain the general meaning, and then I will read it once more and understand it more clearly. But this way of studying English has one big disadvantage: you don't have enough words to wirte an essay. However, when you speak to an English-spoken people, you can understand him/her faster (not spend much time on translate to VN words by words).
    Waiting for your opinions, (and your correction on my full of mistakes - context)
    To Dirosemimi: where are my last 2 articles which I posted them one or two days ago? Did you remove them or my net in trouble?
    Sometimes, you can't understand yourself. But you have to overcome i!t
    Được sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 18/04/2002 23:00
  6. vctr01

vctr01 Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    13/01/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi Friends,
    I am very fond of learning foreign languages and have some experience to share with you, Guys. If you'd like to see, you may visit Forum of the Foreign Trade Univ. in Hanoi on this website and search for article "how to learn foreign languages well" . Your comments / arguments and constructive ideas are appriciated.

Victor
  7. SV-Stars

SV-Stars Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    22/02/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Some info about English vocabulary:
    - Level A: 2000 words
    - Level B: 5000 words
    - Level C: 10000 words
    How many English words are there? My teacher, an old English professor told me that there are around 500,000 words. Out of my imagination!!!
    How many situations take place in the day life, HTung?
    You wanna think like the English think, but you can't express your ideas as they do. So what will you achieve here?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Học, học nữa, học mãi, hộc máu
  8. meohoang

meohoang Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    05/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Well! There are so many words in the English vocabulary, so it's impossbile to remember all, even the people in English background....!! then why do have to push yourself so hard to remember everything..?? so I think, never mind how many words you have studied..!! the only thing is how are you going to use it..?? often or just learn and then leave it there.....rite..??
    as Htung said, and also my own idea, the best way to learn English is try to put yourself in the communicate with the English speaking people, ...and it could make yourself more confidence in using it....you might not have enough vocabulary to express your ideas, but who cares about it....you could explain it in many other ways....and one more thing that even the English speak background people also does not have enough vocab to delivery their ideas as well, ...for example: when you guys discussing something about technology.....there are some techinique words they couldn't understand.....
    So, why am I talking too much ..?? all your guys methods to study English are absolutely rite..!! but what do we study English for..?? of course, to communicate with the English speaking people, ...so by practising you might have more confidence to communicate, or even argue with them face to face, not writting in the paper, or sentences with verb, phrases and etc...
    Have fun
    MeoHoang
    Được sửa chữa bởi - meohoang vào 19/04/2002 08:16
  9. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Yeah, you're right , meohoang! Practising English as much as possible will make you more confident in your English. SO, EVERYBODY, WHY DON'T YOU JOIN OUR ENGLISH SPEAKING CLUB - a main offline activity of SG English Club ? :)
    As far as I'm concerned, the best way to study English is putting you in " English Environment " . I mean that you eat with English, sleep with English , and play with English . Why does the English ability of a Vietnamese improves fast when he lives in Australia or Britain ? Well, that's it, ENVIRONMENT ! All he has is studying environment.
    So, try your best to read English books regularly, to seek for opportunities to practise your speaking skill, to listen to English tapes (Toefl , Ielts....), to think in English,i.e when you are in the street , you see a poster or a slogan in Vietnamse, try to translate it into English.
    However, one important thing is your passion in English , as Aiggno said, you need to be crazy about it, to get hooked on it.

Dirosemimi

Được sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 19/04/2002 17:07
  10. Quanbanh97202

Quanbanh97202 Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    10/03/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    _No.. no, I disagree with what you guys said! We don't need to be crazy in order to learn English efficiently and effectively. What you guys said seems to be it's really hard to learn English, or to have a high level in English skill. Remember! What we are trying to do in this club here is to bring, and to encourage people to learn, to study, and to get improved thier English skills together with us, not to tell how hard we are working with English every day, for example, getting crazy with English. When hearing that, poeple may feel scared of English, and they just give up! Every people has different level, and different ability in learning English. Therefore, what we want to do is to make people feel comfortable and confident with English, so they would want to join us, and stay with us for a long period of time!
    _In my opinion, to learn English more effeciently and effectively, you need these two basic things: psychology, and motivation.
    +Psychology means to psych up yourself, to make yourself like, and feel more comfortable and confident with Englsih.
    +Motivation means you need to understand why you should learn more English, what benifets you may gain if you have a good English skill, and then you would be eager to learn more English automatically.
    ....hehe about how to psych up, and motivate yourself, I will tell you guys later in a different topic outside. Sorry, this message now is already too long, and I don't want to bore people by letting them to read a long message. The name of the topic will be kind of " The ways to bring you come with English efficiently", or whatever!
    So see you guys later out there! And I'd be glad to have any discussions, or opinions from you guys if any of you want to. (hihi....tui cũng thích tranh cãi lém!)
    QUAN BANH
    Được sửa chữa bởi - quanbanh97202 vào 20/04/2002 17:13

Chia sẻ trang này