1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

How to learn English

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi aiggno, 17/04/2002.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. meohoang

meohoang Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    05/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hh`i`hi`hi`hi`! what are you talking about Quan..?? scare about English..?? no way..!! English, as everybody knows, it's not easy to learn and of course not attract many people gets "crazy" about it...but as you mentioned, before start to learn it, people should know what is the benefit of learning English..., and what are they learning for.....and I believed they already know that.....Thus, in this topic, we just discuss and sharing the methods of learning English that we've experienced in order to study English more effectively.....and so on.
    And Let me tell you what , I believe that most of the people who could join into this forum is teenager and onwards and I'm sure they are in the intermediate level at least or even higher so it's not neccessary to talk about psychology or whatever......so please do not treat people in here as the beginner.....thanks..
    Cheerrrrrr
    MeoHoang
    Được sửa chữa bởi - meohoang vào 20/04/2002 22:05
  2. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    okie, Qua^n , motivation is needful . I stressed that your interest in English is so important 'cause if you are hook on it, you will spend more time to practice and then , your English will be improved. And if you don't like English , but you want to study it for a definite purpose ,I assure that you can not master at it. Therefore , why don't you try your best to be interested in English ?
    And if you try to love it , but it's still impossible . Yeah, just pass by Qua^n 's topic " The ways to bring you come with English efficiently' " , and do what he says. :) ( truly- madly-deeply !, hihi....)

Dirosemimi
  3. Quanbanh97202

Quanbanh97202 Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    10/03/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    _To Meohoang: I do agree with you that all members of our club are mostly at intermediate level, or even higher, and there is no beginer here! That's why I want to do more topics for the beginers, because I know that sometimes there would be several beginers visit our club. And when they see my topics, they'd see that this club is NOT only for those people who have at least an intermediate level in Englsih; they'd see that this club is also for them, and then they'd get involved with us. In fact, I believe that SG English Club is for EVERYONE to join; therefore, there should be some lands for the beginers. And I really want to own those lands for them! It's really selfish when we don't give the beginers chance to get involved together with us in this club!
    _However, everyone can have different opinions in this. So, could other members in this club here give us your opinions? How do you think about this problem?
    QUAN BANH
    Được sửa chữa bởi - quanbanh97202 vào 21/04/2002 13:44
  4. meohoang

meohoang Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    05/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    ok! cool...you're right..Quan...!! this forum is for everyone, and it should have some different functions that people could join into our club and find out it useful.....
    ok! then, so please do it....and I will try my best to contribute as much as I could about it...
    Cheerrrrr mate....
    MeoHoang
  5. Tao_lao

Tao_lao Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    17/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Let take me as an anti-example :how to learn english.I hope from that you can conclude how to learn english.
    My english is poor if do not want to say so poor.
    My speaking skill is so terible(not sound like both english and vietnamese).I think one of the reasons is i rarely speak or express my opinions in english(i have never gone to english speaking club before).
    I used to take some english classes from some english centers.Often,on the way to the class,i flirt myself to go back or go out(i mysefl can study it at home???).Aslo,i am very lazy to learn vovabulary(just read,rarely write down or never organise to have a good vocabulary notebook).
    How about my listening skill ?Watch movies(watch pictures only) or listen to music?(huhuhu....it 's so fast to understand).They are so boring.(if i try to listen formally,i am going to sleep in 5 minutes later) .
    Later my english improved a litle bit( because survival reason:learn or die).I tried to learn english as much as possible.I read Vietnam news(name of a english newspaper,quite cheap and quality).I read some news in vietnamese,then read the same one in english.In the same manner,i try to listen english news on TV(more difficult).
    I tried to read some books in english relating to my interest and major(borrowed from my school libary).Sometimes, some concepts or definitions can be understand better or clearer in english(marterial or information is plentiful in english).

Now i feel better with my english.But...still so early to say it is okay thouth i live in foreign country for a year .Even living in english envirroment, i think we must still try our best to learn english(when i was in Viet nam i used to think if i would live in a the foreign country my english would improve so fast????).
    In my opinion , learing english is still a insolvable problem(i never feel passion with it which some of you suggested).I do not know when i feel assured with my english.....

Thanks for your reading.

Tao_lao
    Được sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 22/04/2002 17:16
  6. spoyee

spoyee Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    09/01/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Try to read more.That's my advice. Your other skills will be soon better.
    And never read Vietnam news magazine unless you wanna ruin your writing style.
    Mucho love.
    If you think you can do that, you can and Ifyou think you cannot do that, you're rite
  7. Tao_lao

Tao_lao Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    17/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    To spoyee,
    Thanks for your advices,i will try my best to improve my english.
    I think Viet nam news is not a bad newspaper(many acticles are took from some foreign newspapers).If compare with Saigon times,i think it is better(about content and writing style).I do not know any newspapers in Viet nam which can be considered better the one(for me,the price is very important ).
    Thanks again.

Tao_lao
  8. vctr01

vctr01 Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    13/01/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    The Vietnam News is the one worth of reading. Reporters and e***ors are those who are highly qualified in English. The other Vietnam English newspapers should not be read as the reporters use Vietnamese English.

Victor
  9. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Vietnam News is a good newspaper.

Dirosemimi
  10. SV-Stars

SV-Stars Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    22/02/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I began reading Vietnam English News 6 or 7 years ago nad I recommend it for peole at intermediate level
    ------------------------------------------------
    Học, học nữa, học mãi, hộc máu

Chia sẻ trang này