1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

IELTS CNR Courses with Results - Quality in everything we do

Chủ đề trong 'Gia sư - luyện thi' bởi minhquang9, 30/10/2009.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. minhquang9

minhquang9 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    09/05/2009
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Dear all!

It?Ts all happening again! This is like déjà vu! Oh my god! Spooky! And it?Ts Halloween too on the 31st of October! : -)

Another newsletter from CNR ( Courses and Results ) , Hanoi?Ts finest, prettiest, happiest English language and IELTS preparation centre! Come see the difference!!!

* English fact:

The word Halloween is derived from the old English All-Hallows-Eve. This was the day before the 1st of November, which was a day for celebrating the saints ?oAll Saints Day? and the 2nd of November which is for celebrating the dead relatives, and is in fact still celebrated in many Catholic countries like Spain and particularly in Mexico where they often use skulls and skeletons to decorate things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead ? though these are good skeletons? SO Halloween was the day when the evil spirits had one last chance before the good spirits came back? it?Ts more popularly celebrated by Americans, I think, than the British or Australians.

* Content *

1. Free speaking club
    2. FTU most popular university in Hanoi?!
    3. New INTENSIVE courses STARTING 9th November ?" morning and afternoon
    4. Student loyalty discount
    5. Discount for studying lots
    6. Next level tests
    7. GREAT NEWS STORY: Another student goes abroad ?" that?Ts Sydney, Leeds, Bradford, Christchurch, Singapore and more!!!

1. Free speaking club

- This Sunday will be our first Speaking Club ?" and it?Ts FREE
    You must register in advance so call today, Friday 30th October, before 9pm

- You must also have a good intermediate level or above
    It?Ts open to CNR students and anyone else so TELL EVERYONE!

2. FTU most popular university in Hanoi?! Result back from uni survey!

- It?Ts official, well according to our blog on www.cnrenglish.blogspot.com FTU is the most popular university in Hanoi!

- It?Ts closely followed by Hanoi University, Bach Khoa and RMIT? though the other category scored high too? which universities did I miss?

- YOU HAVE ONLY 18 HOURS LEFT TO VOTE ?" SEE IF YOU CAN CHANGE THE RESULTS

- Also, write your opinion on the universities in Hanoi at David Cadman IELTS CNR on Facebook

3. New INTENSIVE courses STARTING 9th November ?" morning 8-11AM and afternoon 2-5PM

Now we have :

* IELTS morning ?" intensive

* Afternoon Level Booster Pre-intermediate and Intermediate ?" intensive

* Evening Level Booster Elementary ?" 15 weeks ?" DISCOUNT POSSIBLE

* Afternoon & Evening IELTS Speaking ?" 5 weeks ?" DISCOUNT POSSIBLE

* Detail Schedule :

- Level 1a : IELTS Speaking 5 weeks _ 2-5pm or 6-9pm Tuesday and Thursday _ from 27/10/09

- Level 1b : IELTS Writing intensive 3 weeks _ 8-11am Monday to Friday _ from 18/12/09

- Level 2 : Elementary Intensive _ 8-11am Monday to Friday _ from 9/11/09 to 8/01/2010

- Level 2 : Elementary 15 weeks _ 6-9pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 26/10/09

- Level 3 : Pre-Intermediate Intensive _ 8-11am or 2-5pm Monday to Friday _ from 9/11/09 to 8/01/2010

- Level 4 : Intermediate Intensive _ 8-11am or 2-5pm Monday to Friday _ from 9/11/09 to 8/01/2010

- Level 5 : Upper-Intermediate Intensive _ 8-11am Monday to Friday _ from 9/11/09 to 8/01/2010

- Level 6 : IELTS Intermediate intensive 6 weeks _ 8-11am Monday to Friday _ from 9/11/09 to 16/12/09

4. Student loyalty discount

- We still offer GREAT student loyalty discounts
    If you keep studying with us we give you discounts worth upto 300,000VND!

5. Discount for studying lots

- If you sign up and pay for ALL 3 PARTS of a Level Booster course we give you a BIG DISCOUNT! ?" this can worth over 1 MILLION VND!

- I think we MUST be the most GENEROUS LANGUAGE CENTRE IN HANOI!

6. Next Level tests

- They?Tre still 50,000VND per test and you get the full treatment; speaking advice, writing advice and a pretty/handsome smile.

- Call Student Manager Mrs Oanh on 0435160900 to arrange an appointment or another time.( 24h/7days )

- Please note: There are no level tests at weekends.

* Date Time
    Monday : 10.30am / 4pm / 6pm
    Tuesday : 10.30am / 4pm / 6pm
    Wednesday : 10.30am / 4pm / 6pm
    Thursday : 10.30am / 4pm / 6pm
    Friday : 10.30am / 4pm / 6pm

7. Another student goes abroad ?" that?Ts Sydney, Leeds, Bradford, Christchurch, Singapore , Exeter and more!!!

- One of our most loyal and longest serving students has recently headed abroad to New Zealand having studied a range of courses with us. He managed to get his speaking result upto a 6.5 and his writing to a 7.0 both from a 5.5! He studied our first ever IELTS course, the upper-intermediate Level Booster, the IELTS Speaking course (3 times I think) and the IELTS Writing course!

- He joins the ranks of CNR students who have successfully studied with us and gone to follow their dreams. We now have students in Sydney, Leeds, Bradford, Christchurch and Singapore to name just a few exciting destinations with excellent universities!

--> If you studied with us and have gone on to university success write to us on Facebook and share your experiences!

Facebook : David Cadman IELTS CNR
    Gmail : ieltscnr@gmail.com
    Add : CNR Language Center - No 11 Ho Van Chuong - Ngo 221 Ton Duc Thang - Hanoi
    Tel : 043 516 0900 ( 24h / 7 days )
    Office Hours : 7am - 10 pm Monday to Friday
  2. jangkyo

jangkyo Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    22/03/2009
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hello dear!
  3. vietnt86

vietnt86 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    23/09/2008
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Do you enjoy cooking?
    Ehm,,, I used to when I first started when i was doing home economics in grade 4. We didn''t only learn how to cook but also what a healthy diet is, and how to go shopping, what to buy and so on. But the best was that we got to eat what we had prepared! Ha ha, also that means we had to give our best while cooking. Since I got back to Hanoi, I don''t enjoy it mainly cos I don''t have an oven at home, so I can''t do anything complicated, like baking a cake. Plus u can buy everything for so cheap here, so there''s no need to cook.
    Who does the cooking in your home?
    When we had a maid it was her who did the cooking and now it''s my mum and occasionally my brother. They most of the time cook rice with vegetables and some meat. It''s always the same and they cook once a day, which means lunch and dinner we eat the same dishes.
    Do you think family meals are important?

Extremely important! I''ve noticed families that have their dinner together are real close, but in Vietnam it''s bit weird, cos they do have meals together but don''t talk to each other - instead watch TV. Also I heard from somewhere that when you eat your body releases indolphines, which means you''re happy, so you''re feel great with the people you''re around.

Have eating habits changed in the last twenty years?
    I have no idea really... I guess people nowadays are busier with their jobs so they don''t eat on time, where in the past they ate more on time? i don''t know how eating habits have changed in the past twenty years. Oh, maybe, since there''s more fast food around, I suppose people or mostly teenagers have a much unhealthier diet than for example my parents had when they were younger.
    Do you live in a house or an apartment?
    Me? where I live? I live in a house. We''ve just recently moved in. Well no, not recently, we''ve been living there for 2 years actually. Wow, time flies. I can''t believe that my family have been in that 4 storey house for so long. yeah.
    Can you describe your home for me?
    Of course I can... well I can try. Maybe I live in a terraced house, but I''m not quite sure if that would be the best description. In Vietnam all the houses are like super close to each other. Basically if I open my windows, I''ve got a beautiful view - GREY WALLS. Anyway, there are 4 floors, and my room''s on the second floor. We''ve got all the 3 or 4 bedrooms, a kitchen, but no living room, cos that''s where my mum''s salon is. She''s a hairdresser.
    What are the advantages/disadvantages of living in a house/apartment?
    I used to live on the 3rd floor in an apartment block and the worst thing about it is the parking. I always had to send my bike to this parking lot, which was miles away from where I lived, so I had to walk for ages. anyway, it''s much better to live in a house I think as there''d also be more privacy. i remember when we lived in that apartment compound,,, the neighbours knew everything about what we did and even about what we didn''t do.
    What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
    I like to wear casual - comfy stuff u know. Just jeans and a simple shirt. When i go out though, I wanna wear something more classy, especially if I go out for dinner at fancy places. You know, I''m a teacher so I''m supposed to dress formally, so now I can''t stand white shirts and black trousers.
    Do you think that the way we dress is important? Why?
    In Vietnam you''re judged on your appearance. You can only be respected if you''ve got reasonable good clothes on. We''re crazy about looks and clothes and what we look like to others. But then i don''t get how girls can wear high heels when they go trekking in Sapa.
    Have the type of clothes people wear in your country changed during the last twenty years?
    Yea definitely it has changed a lot. I''m not an expert when it comes to fashion but I do notice a huge change. ***y clothes 10 years ago were a ''NO NO'' but now they''ve become a ''YES DEFINITELY''
    How many languages do you speak?
    How many languages I speak? Let me count. well first Vietnamese - that''s my mother tongue. Then I speak German fairly well then English of course as you might have noticed. I''ve also been studying French, but I can''t really say that I can speak it - it''s probalby terrible. I''ve got absolutely no understanding of the grammar.
    What did you find most difficult about learning English?
    What I find most difficult about learning English? Everything maybe? From the alphabet to the grammar to how to write essays. Basically the thing with English, as it''s an international language, spoken in so many countries- it comes in so many forms. Like, I just can''t understand Scottish accents - and Indian English is also bit weird, but that could be cos they shake their heads so much.
    Do you think that learning foreign languages is useful?
    Definitely... Like a friend of my mine not long ago went to the Chinese border to buy stuff n then well his goal was to sell it in Hanoi, which I think is a silly idea. Well, anyway, he told me how stupid he felt in China as he could only hear shisheshosha and that''s horrible. Now he''s studying Chinese on his own to prepare for his next trip.

Do you like reading?
    Depends on the book. The book I''m reading is called ''The British Empire''. The introduction was quite interesting, but that was it. In general... nah no no no, I''m not into reading, can''t stand it, prefer to watch a film.
    Do you read more for pleasure or for study?
    Oh god, when I was at uni we had so much to read.. What we did was to divide up what we had to read and then just told each other our parts. that saved us a lot of time. I don''t really read for pleasure - reading just sends me to sleep. I only read when I''m told to.
    What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
    I don''t like to read. People say it''s good to read, but like I said earlier whenever I touch a book I fall asleep. It just doens''t work for me.
    Are there any kinds of books that you don?Tt like reading?
    Plenty. Fiction for example- I don''t understand how so many are so crazy about Harry Potter. I did try. I how can I say gave that book a chance by reading a few pages. But I swear to you, I didn''t get a word of what it was about. I barely understand the films...

What newspaper do you usually read?
    I can''t read. ha ha I''m kidding. I can''t be bothered buying newspapers.. so I read online ones usually vnexpress or bbc - depends. I find the size of newspapers quite irritating - but a friend of mine has got the guardian and that''s perfect size like a double A4, which I find real cute so I read that one or I have it read to me.
    Why do you prefer that one?
    Vnexpress is pretty interesting especially the crime section. Every now and then there''s an article about somebody killing somebody else because of jealousy. Some articles are really odd, for instance last time I read about how a Korean guy who had Vietnamese classes with this girl, put her into.. no no first he strangled her, then he chopped her into pieces, put her into a suitcase then went somewhere not even far from Hanoi, to Big C and burned that suitcase. As if he''s not gonna get caught.
    How often do you read it?
    I get through one book a year if I''m lucky. I''m not that keen on reading, so I don''t do that so often. Occasionally or very rarely to be precise I get a real good book and spend any free time on it. Dead dog of the night or whatever it''s called.
    What part of the newspaper do you read first?
    I first read the front page, and if there''s nothing special I go straight to the business and finance section.

Which part of the newspaper do you find most useful?
    What''s definitely not useful is the weather forecast... they always get it wrong. But it''s good to know where all the wars are as to not go there on holiday for example.
  4. vietnt86

vietnt86 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    23/09/2008
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    PHOTOS OF ielts cnr
    Dave making students laugh as usual... How does he do that?
    [​IMG]
    Best way to learn English is on the streeeetsssssss
    [​IMG]
  5. vietnt86

vietnt86 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    23/09/2008
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:

học trong vòng 1 năm được 6.5 ielts -
    các khoá từ 0 biết gì đến IELTS ADVANCED.
    [​IMG]
  6. vietnt86

vietnt86 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    23/09/2008
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
  7. vietnt86

vietnt86 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    23/09/2008
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
  8. minhquang9

Tham gia ngày:
    09/05/2009
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    have a look at the December newsletter!!!
    [​IMG]
    khai giảng lớp IELTS WRITING buổi sáng 8-11 giờ. 21. 12. 09
    Đang ký tháng này được giảm học phí.
  9. minhquang9

Tham gia ngày:
    09/05/2009
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hey how''s Australia for you?
    You got a girlfriend yet?
    we miss you a lot