1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Lớp học tiếng Anh cô giáo PHƯƠNG THÙY (cô Thùy_ED Lò Đúc) - Lớp học TA lâu đời nhất trên TTVNOL từ 2

Chủ đề trong 'Tìm bạn/thày/lớp học ngoại ngữ' bởi thuy_ed, 14/09/2010.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. thuy_ed

thuy_ed Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    03/02/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    E-V Translation E38 Sun 19/09/10:
    WITHOUT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT (THE DEATH PENALTY) OUR LIVES ARE LESS SECURE AND CRIMES OF VIOLENCE INCREASE. CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IS ESSENTIAL TO CONTROL VIOLENCE IN SOCIETY.
    TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THIS OPINION?
    Before talking about the essential role of death penalty, you have to think about the meaning, and the purpose, of any kind of punishment. If you consider that the purpose is to prevent the guilty from being nasty again, you can be seduced by an argumentation in favour of the suppression of capital punishment. But you have to think about another aspect of the problem: a punishment is also useful to impress people, to make them fear the law. In fact, let's take the example of a young misfit, which has grown in a violent atmosphere, influenced by older delinquents, etc... He lives in the streets, he's got no aim but *****rvive. This is the kind of person who could possibly kill someone for money, or even for fun... Why would he fear prison? Life would be easier for him there. In ad***ion, in many cases, when you behave normally, you can benefit from penalty reductions. This young misfit needs to be impressed, he needs to know that the law is a frontier. When you cross it, you can lose your life. That is why capital punishment helps keeping a distance between robbery and murder. If you abolish it, you suppress the difference between these two types of crime, which are completely different.
    But there is also a limit to define: even if death penalty is unavoidable, it would be a crime to apply it to inadequate cases. If there is no preme***ation or past facts which can justify such a punishment, it is far too strict to apply death penalty. That is why the lawmakers have to establish precisely the context in which capital punishment car be pronounced. That is the price to pay to limit violence without using excessive violence...

THE POSITION OF WOMEN IN SOCIETY HAS CHANGED MARKEDLY IN THE LAST TWENTY YEARS. MANY OF THE PROBLEMS YOUNG PEOPLE NOW EXPERIENCE, SUCH AS JUVENILE DELINQUENCY, ARISE FROM THE FACT THAT MANY MARRIED WOMEN NOW WORK AND ARE NOT AT HOME TO CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN.
    TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?
    It is certainly true that the position of women in society has undergone a dramatic change in the past twenty years but I do not feel that this is a direct cause of the indisputable increase in juvenile-related problems during this period.
    It is now accepted that young women should find work on leaving school; indeed to rely totally on their parents' financial support is no longer an option in many families. Likewise, once they get married, the majority of women continue working since the financial pressures of setting up a house and establishing a reasonable standard of living often require two incomes.
    Twenty years ago it was common for women to give up work once they had children and devote their time to caring for their children. This is no longer the general rule and the provision of professionally-run child care facilities and day nurseries have removed much of the responsibility for child rearing that used to fall to mothers. However, these facilities come at a cost and often require two salaries coming into a family to be afforded.
    I do not believe that the increase in the number of working mothers has resulted in children being brought up less well than previously. Indeed it could be argued that by giving mothers the opportunity to work and earn extra money children can be better provided for than previously. There is more money for luxuries and holidays and a more secure family life is possible. Of course there are limits as to the amount of time that ideally should be spent away from home and the ideal scenario would be for one of the parents (often the wife) to have a part-time job and thus be available for their children before and after school. It is important to establish the correct balance between family life and working life.
  2. thuhuyenbk

thuhuyenbk Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    14/08/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:-*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Chi oi em (Huyen –E39) Nop bai nhe!
    1. Turning up half an hour late for the interview really cooked his ………Goose……… .(cook sb’s goose:chac chan rang ai se that bai)
    2. We were hoping to keep the wedding a secret, but my mother soon let the ……cat……. Out of the bag.(let the cat out of the bag:De lo bi mat)
    3. You’re flogging a dead …horse………………. Trying to get Harry ******nge his mind!(flog a dead horse:cong da trang,uong cong)
    4. I don’t think I’d recognize her now; it’s ………donkey………………..’s years since I last saw her.(donkey’s years:mot thoi gian dai)
    5. Harold has really gone to the …bull………… since his wife died. Looking at him now, it’s hard to believe he was once a successful barrister.
    6. It’s not that I mind giving her a lift home every Tuesday, but whats get my ………dog………..is the fact that she’s never once offered to pay for the petrol.
    7. As I had to go to Swansea on business, I decided to kill two ……bird……….with one stone and visit my old school as well.(kill two birds with one stone:mot cong doi viec)
    8. Although he had only known her for 2 weeks, he decided to take the …goat………….. by the horns and ask her to marry him.
    9. She loved tennis and could watch it until the …………cow……..came home.
    10. You’re upset now, I know. But you’ll soon forget her – after all, there are plenty more …………fish………….. in the sea.
    11. That’s the last time I invite Steve for a meal. He really made a …………………pig…… of himself last night.(make a pig of oneself:an uong khong lich su)
    12. Don’t be fooled. She’s not a bit sad; they’re just ………crocodile………….. tears.
    13. When their grandfather died, Robert and his sister got the …………lion…………….. ‘s share out of money.(lion share:Phan lon nhat)
    14. After years of commuting from Brighton to London, he decided to get out of the ……rat…. race and buy a small farm in Wales.(rat race:cuoc song vat lon)
    15. When I tell my parents that Paul and I have decided to call off the wedding they’re going to have ……kitten………… (have kitten:lo au bon chon).
    16. We’re off to a …Stag…………… party tonight – David’s getting married on Saturday.
  3. robinxon89

robinxon89 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    19/07/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    chị ơi có lớp mới k a?em muốn ôn lại ngữ pháp vs học toeic.chị pm vào" lanphuong1810@gmail.com\" cho em chị nhé. Em đang rất muốn học
  4. letruonghua.edu.vn

letruonghua.edu.vn Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    17/09/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    The first graph shows that there is a gradual decrease in study for career reasons with age. Nearly 80% of student under 26 years, study for their career. This percentage gradually declines by 10 – 20% every decade. Only 40% of 40 – 49 year olds and 18% of over 49 year olds studying for career reasonns in late adulthood. Because may be they are too busy to work or formely, they have con***ion to study or their ability are limited so they don’t pass exams into university.
    Contraly to the first graph also shows that study stemming from interest increases with age. There are only 10% of under 26 year olds studying out of interest. The percentage increases slowly till the beginning of the fourth decade, and increases dramatically in late adulthood. Nearly same number of 40 – 49 year olds study for career and interest. However 70% of over 49 year olds study for interest in comparison to 18% studying for career reasons in that age group.
    The second graph shows that employer support is maximum (approximately 60%) for the under 26 year students. It drop rapidly to 32% up to the third decade of life, and then increases in late adulthood up to about 44%. It is under whether employer support is only for career-focused study, but the highest level is for those students who mainly for career purposes
    EM LA TRUONG E40. EM NOP BAI WRITING TASK 1-7
  5. ch0c0pie

ch0c0pie Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    12/08/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Em nộp bài Idiom IX ạh!

1. Goose
    2. Cat
    3. Horse
    4. Donkey
    5. Dogs
    6. Goat
    7. Bird
    8. Bull
    9. Cow
    10. Fish
    11. Pig
    12. Crocodile
    13. Lion
    14. Rat
    15. Kittens
    16. Stag
  6. kietheocon

kietheocon Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    11/08/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Thanh Lam: Em nop bai 9:

[FONT=.VnTime]1. GOOSE[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]2. CAT[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]3. HORSE[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]4. DOG [/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]5. DONKEY[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]6. GOAT[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]7. BIRD[/FONT][FONT=.VnTimeH]s[/FONT][FONT=.VnTime][/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]8. BULL[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]9. COW[/FONT][FONT=.VnTimeH]s[/FONT][FONT=.VnTime][/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]10. [/FONT][FONT=.VnTimeH]FISHes[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]11. PIG[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]12. CROCODILE[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]13. LION[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]14. RAT[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]15. KITTEN[/FONT][FONT=.VnTimeH]s[/FONT][FONT=.VnTime][/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnTime]16. STAG[/FONT][FONT=.VnTime]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=.VnArialH][/FONT]
  7. thuy_ed

thuy_ed Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    03/02/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    IX – FILL IN THE MISSING WORDS FROM THE SENTENCES BELOW. CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING, USING PLURAL FORMS WHERE NECESSARY.
    BIRD CROCODILE GOAT LION
    BULL DOG GOOSE PIG
    CAT DONKEY HORSE RAT
    COW FISH KITTEN STAG
    1. Turning up half an hour late for the interview really cooked his ………GOOSE………… .(It really put an end to his plans/ hopes)
    TO COOK ONE” GOOSE: làm tiêu tan hy vọng
    2. We were hoping to keep the wedding a secret, but my mother soon let the …CAT………. Out of the bag. (My mother told everyone the secret)
    LET THE CAT OUT Ò THE BAG: để lộ bí mật
    3. You’re flogging a dead ……HORSE……………. Trying to get Harry ******nge his mind! (It’s a very long time since I last saw her)
    TO FLOG A DEAD HORSE: phí thời gian, phí công
    4. I don’t think I’d recognize her now; it’s ………DONKEY………………..’s years since I last saw her. (It’s a very long time since I last saw her)
    DONKEY”S YEARS: 1 thời gian dài
    5. Harold has really gone to the …DOGS………… since his wife died. Looking at him now, it’s hard to believe he was once a successful barrister. (Harold no longer takes care of himself, his appearance etc. has deteriorated)
    GO TO THE DOGS: xuống dốc, tàn tạ
    6. It’s not that I mind giving her a lift home every Tuesday, but whats get my …GOAT……………..is the fact that she’s never once offered to pay for the petrol. (What makes me angry; what annoys me)
    TO GET ONE”S GOAT: làm ai bực dọc
    7. As I had to go to Swansea on business, I decided to kill two …BIRDS………….with one stone and visit my old school as well.
    TO KILL TWO BIRDS” WITH ONE STONE: 1 mũi tên trúng 2 đích
    8. Although he had only known her for 2 weeks, he decided to take the …BULL………….. by the horns and ask her to marry him.
    TO TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS: đối đầu trực diện 1 vấn đề
    9. She loved tennis and could watch it until the ……COWS…………..came home. (She could watch it for long periods of time without getting bored)
    UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME: suốt 1 thời gian dài
    10. You’re upset now, I know. But you’ll soon forget her – after all, there are plenty more ……FISH……………….. in the sea. (There are plenty of other people for you to meet and have a relationship with. Used to try to comfort someone who has just lost a boyfriend or a girlfriend)
    THERE ARE PLENTY MORE FISH IN THE SEA: không thiếu gì, còn lắm mối khác (câu nói dùng để an ủi kẻ thất tình)
    11. That’s the last time I invite Steve for a meal. He really made a ……PIG………………… of himself last night. (He ate far too much)
    TO MAKE A PIG OF ONESELF: ăn như hạm
    12. Don’t be fooled. She’s not a bit sad; they’re just ……CROCODILE…………….. tears.(Her tears are not real)
    CROCODILE”S TEARS: nước mắt cá sấu
    13. When their grandfather died, Robert and his sister got the ……LION………………….. ‘s share out of money. (He and his sister got the largest share)
    LION”S SHARE: phần lớn nhất
    14. After years of commuting from Brighton to London, he decided to get out of the …RAT……. race and buy a small farm in Wales. (The “rat race” is the constant struggle for success in business or in one’s job etc.)
    RAT RACE: cuộc ganh đua trong cuộc sống
    15. When I tell my parents that Paul and I have decided to call off the wedding they’re going to have ……KITTENS………… .(They’re going to be in a state of panic)
    TO HAVE KITTENS: phát hoảng
    16. We’re off to a ……STAG………… party tonight – David’s getting married on Saturday. (A “stag party” is given when a man about to get married has a party for his male friends)
    STAG PARTY: tiệc hươu đực (buổi tiệc do 1 người đàn ông sắp lập gia đình tổ chức cho đám bạn trai của anh ta)
    Thu Huyền E39: 13/16
    Thùy Linh E40: 16/16
    Ms. Lam E41: 14/16
    Đức E40: 12/16
    Quỳnh Trang: 16/16
    Thơ E40: 16/16
    Phan Phuc E40: 16/16
    Nguyễn Huy E40: 16/16
    Hoài Linh E40: 14/16

-----------------------------Tự động gộp Reply ---------------------------
    \:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/

BAI HOC THANH NGU so 10:

X- COMPLETE THE PAIRED IDIOMS IN THE SENTENCES BELOW – CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING:
    ABOUT FRONT SOUND TEAR
    BLOOD LARGE SPAN THIN
    BULL NAIL SQUARE THUMBS
    CONS SHOULDERS SWEET TIRED
    FAST SOUL TAKE VOID
    1. He’s not feeling well at the moment, but he should be up and ………..again in a few days.
    2. The contract was declared null and ………….as one of the partners had forgotten to sign it.
    3. You didn’t believe what he said, did you? It was just another one of his **** and ………stories!
    4. Oh, thank heavens you’re both safe and ………………! I was so worried about you.
    5. They promised to stand by each other through thick and ………………. .
    6. The carpet in the hall gets a lot of wear and ………….., so it’s best not to buy anything too expensive.
    7. You can’t throw him out, surely? Not your brother; not your own flesh and …………..!
    8. A certain amount of give and …………. Is essential in any relationship.
    9. His flat was so spick and ………….. that it looked more like a well – kept museum than a home.
    10. I’m afraid you’ll have to wear a tie, sir. It’s a hard and …………….. rule of the club.
    11. They’re always fighting tooth and ……….. . I’m surprised they don’t get divorced.
    12. I couldn’t understand why everyone was laughing until I realized that I had my jumper on back to …….. .
    13. The managing director outlined the pros and …………… of the proposed merger.
    14. I don’t know about you, David, but I’m sick and……………. of hearing about this “fantastic” children.
    15. She was an outstanding student whose work was head and …………….. above the others in her class.
    16. The lecture was just the way the students liked it – short and ………….. .
    17. Although it has its fault, by and ………………. Britain is a pretty good country to live in.
    18. Don’t ask James to do anything practical; he’s all fingers and ………….. .
    19. Pauline was so funny on Saturday. She really was the life and …………… of the party.
    20. England were beaten fair and …………… by the West Indies in the Third Test at Lords.

8. youthenglishschool

youthenglishschool Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    11/09/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Chị gửi cho e thông tin về lớp học mới được không ah?
    Email của e : hanhhoangvu@gmail.com
  9. luuhoailinh

luuhoailinh Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    16/08/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Em nop bai TN 10 nhe!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:-*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} 1. He’s not feeling well at the moment, but he should be up and ABOUT.again in a few days.
    2. The contract was declared null and VOID as one of the partners had forgotten to sign it.
    3. You didn’t believe what he said, did you? It was just another one of his **** and FRONT stories!
    4. Oh, thank heavens you’re both safe and SOUND! I was so worried about you.
    5. They promised to stand by each other through thick and THIN
    6. The carpet in the hall gets a lot of wear and TEAR so it’s best not to buy anything too expensive.
    7. You can’t throw him out, surely? Not your brother; not your own flesh and BLOOD
    8. A certain amount of give and TAKE Is essential in any relationship.
    9. His flat was so spick and SPAN that it looked more like a well – kept museum than a home.
    10. I’m afraid you’ll have to wear a tie, sir. It’s a hard and FAST rule of the club.
    11. They’re always fighting tooth and NAIL I’m surprised they don’t get divorced.
    12. I couldn’t understand why everyone was laughing until I realized that I had my jumper on back to BULL
    13. The managing director outlined the pros and CONS of the proposed merger.
    14. I don’t know about you, David, but I’m sick and TIRED of hearing about this “fantastic” children.
    15. She was an outstanding student whose work was head and SHOULDERS above the others in her class.
    16. The lecture was just the way the students liked it – short and SWEET
    17. Although it has its fault, by and LARGE Britain is a pretty good country to live in.
    18. Don’t ask James to do anything practical; he’s all fingers and THUMBS
    19. Pauline was so funny on Saturday. She really was the life and SOUL of the party.
    20. England were beaten fair and SQUARE . by the West Indies in the Third Test at Lords.
  10. ptphucbk

ptphucbk Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    02/01/2010
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hoc thanh ngu so 10

1.about 2.void 3bull 4.sound 5.thin 6.tear 7.blood 8.take 9.span 10.fast 11.nail 12.front 13.cons 14.tired 15. Shoulders 16.sweet 17.large 18.thumbs 19.soul 20.square

Chia sẻ trang này