1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

SAT TEST PREPARATION

Chủ đề trong 'Du học' bởi Milou, 19/06/2001.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. Milou

Milou Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    07/06/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    SAT TEST PREPARATION

The Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) is an aptitude test and an admission requirement of the college you are interested in attending.

An aptitude test is a measure of intellectual ability. As such, the SAT I is a measure of your capability in math and English because these abilities relate to some of the things you will need to know to be successful in college. No test can measure all aspects of intelligence. However, some form of admissions testing is necessary and GPA testing is unfair insofar as it would be unfair to admit students who get high grades from easy classes over students who get lower grades in harder classes.

Remember that colleges do look at other things when making admission decisions -- like your high school record, essays, recommendations, interviews, and extracurricular activities.

Your SAT I score can tell admissions staff how you compare with other students who took the test. All scores are reported on a 200-800 scale. If the average score for math and English is about 500, then college admissions staff would know you scored about as well as half the people who took the test.

Admissions staff use both percentiles and score ranges to evaluate how you performed in the test. Colleges use SAT I scores to help estimate how well you are likely to do in your first year at college, although no test can predict with 100 percent accuracy what your grades will be in college.

The SAT I measures verbal and math reasoning abilities you've developed over the years. For example, some of the math questions can be answered correctly by using complex equations, but they can also be answered correctly if you can reason through the problem. Reading passages do not just ensure that you can read, they also test your ability to use extended reasoning in order to answer the questions related to the passage.

The SAT II is a set of more than 20 different tests focusing on specific disciplines such as literature, history, and biology, among others. The SAT II is different from the SAT I in that it is designed to measure what you know about specific disciplines. Many colleges require or recommend one or more of the subject tests alongside the SAT I scores.

You can prepare for the SAT by:

taking the PSAT/NMSQT,
    reviewing sample questions,
    understanding the directions and the format,
    learning how to pace yourself and
    understanding stress and how to overcome it on test day.

Before taking the SAT I: Reasoning Test or the SAT II: Subject Tests, become familiar with the organization of the test, the types of questions that are included, and what to expect on test day.

MILOU
  2. genisys

genisys Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    09/01/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Ai can tai lieu thi lien he voi
    Thang 8351067
    hay 0913011484
    hoangbuiduc@yahoo.com
    Co rat nhieu tai lieu ve SAT, ACT ca CD's lan books
    Nho nhe, mien phi (cho muong di photo, hay muon CD's di ma burn)
    Thang

Chia sẻ trang này