1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

SEC - Journey with World Cup 2006

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi dirosemimi, 07/06/2006.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Here is the place where we can chit chat , discuss all things about World Cup 2006 : vote for our favorite teams, talk about 1001 things of players, referees, fans, Germany, stadiums, post pictures, share feelings, etc...

Ok...let''s " 8 "

Firstly, in your opinion, which team will be the champion of World Cup 2006? Please vote and tell us the reason why you opt for that team.

[​IMG]
  2. king67

king67 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    It''s a simple thing - just a ball and a goal
    But once every four years, that simple thing dramatically changes the world
    It closes the school, it closes the shop.
    It closes the city, it stops a war.
    The simple ball fuels the passion and pride of a nation
    Gives people verywhere something to hope for.
    Once every four years, the ball does the imposible
    If history means anything, the world as we know it is about to change.

I heard this message on the commercial on ESPN channel. I''m not sure if I memorize everything correctly, but I think it is pretty cool.
  3. king67

king67 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I''m telling the truth that I am not an US football fan. I barely can name 5 players from the national team. Yet being an American, I have to show my patriotism and root for this team. I know there are many people out there resenting the American team. Well, you can hate Bush (Oh yeah, I hate the bastard too), you can oppose the Iraq War, but you should not condemn the US football team because they have done nothing wrong.
    I feel pity for the American football players. As you may already know, football is not a popular sport in US. In fact, people even prefer two unpopular sports: tennis and golf over football. Being a football player in US is not easy. There is little support from the fans, there are few funds from the government. An average football player makes almost 10 times less in salary than basketball or baseball player does. In other sports, teams play on the fancy, best-con***ioned stadiums with tens of thousands fans cheering on them. Football teams play on rugged fields with few hundreds spectators watching them play.
    Even though they get little support within the country, at least the US football players do not have to face the hostile circumstances when when they play abroad. In one match at Guatemala, the US team was bombed with bags of urine and animal blood. In 1995, defender Paul Caligiuri was injured because he was sprayed with acid by a radical fan. It is now common for the players to hear contempting chants, "Osama bin Laden," or "Go home Yankees" when the team play on foreign fields. During this World Cup in Germany, the U.S. team gets extra security from the police as there are many bombing threats against the team.
    So the next time you watch a match that has the US team playing, you can curse at the U.S. country all you want; but please, cheer for the US players. It takes a lot of effort and courage for the US football players to reach this level, to attend the World Cup. They receive no love from their own country, and they get hatred from everyone else. Yet they still play the game because of their love in football and their sportsmanship as players.
  4. FJX

FJX Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    30/10/2005
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Perhaps I have to learn how to watch a football match ''cos I hate to look at 22 persons chasing the ball (ok, and the king too, 23) but my bf loves it very much. I was too innocent to ask my father when I was 10 years old: "Why is there only one ball with that much people, are they too poor to buy for each one a ball dad? What a stupid game!".
    Read the 1 post of this link:
    http://www.tuoitre.com.vn/worldcup2006/Index.aspx?ArticleID=142019&ChannelID=359
  5. teddy_iir

teddy_iir Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    02/01/2003
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Soccer! Reading your posting, I could not help thinking that you were actually talking about US [violent] "football"! Therefore, kind of funny when reading: "I feel pity for the American football players. As you may already know, football is not a popular sport in US. In fact, people even prefer two unpopular sports: tennis and golf over football..."
  6. king67

king67 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    My bad. I should state it more clearlỵ Since most of our members are more familiar with the term "football", I decide to use it instead of soccer. You live in Dallas so I guess you like the Cowboys rite? There isn''t any "American football" team in the LA area so I made Pittsburgh my favorite team. They won the championship this year as you already knew. GO STEELERS!
    Được king67 sửa chữa / chuyển vào 11:47 ngày 08/06/2006
  7. teddy_iir

teddy_iir Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    02/01/2003
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    RUN COWBOYS!!!
  8. king67

king67 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    We''ll have a match tomorrow: Germany Vs. Costa Rica. Germany is my all-time favorite team. Anyone wants to bet ?
    (kiếm chút cháo dể đủ tiền mua vé về VN )
  9. Tao_lao

Tao_lao Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    17/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    King muốn bet thế nào?
    Hic...tháng này chắc phải đi bụi coi đá banh quá
    Được tao_lao sửa chữa / chuyển vào 08:49 ngày 09/06/2006
  10. king67

king67 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    King bắt Germany chấp bro 0.5 trái chịu hông ? King đang nợ CBC 2 ly kem . Nếu King thua thì King dẫn luôn bro đi ăn kem cùng CBC . King thắng thì 2 ly kem cho CBC là trách nhiệm của bro . Thế nào được hông ?

Chia sẻ trang này