1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

SEC Tutoring Group - HOW MAY WE HELP YOU ?

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi king67, 20/09/2006.

1. 2 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 2)
  1. king67

king67 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    OVERVIEW

Learning English has been increasingly becoming popular and important in today globalized world. According to the result from the poll by longarm, most people come to SEC with an intend to improve their English skills in one way or another. Having approval from SEC leaders and some other core members, we decide to form the SEC Tutoring Group, a program that provides help in English to our members.

MISSIONS
    Our goal is to establish an active forum where English students can seek for quick, effective help in a friendly environment. We also discuss topical questions regarding the English language and our learning process.

Tasks we can do for you:
    - correct a writing to an adequate level
    - translate short essays or articles as you request
    - provide suggestions to help you improve your writings
    - help finding information for your research/essay
    - provide useful tips on how to learn English more effective
    - interact orally via voice-chat to help you practice your English speaking skill
    - create games and activities to make learning English a fun experience
    - simply help you in anything we can

Tasks we can NOT do:
    - write an essay for you
    - translate a long article (more than 300 words)
    - cook your dinner (if you really want to then give CBC a call; there is a fee for this though)

As much as we want to help you, we are also very busy with our daily activities. Therefore there will be some delayed response or unsolved matters. Also, English is not the main language for almost all of us here. Therefore, it is inevitable for us to make mistakes. We appreciate your understanding.

MEMBERS

Listed below are the tutors, their Yahoo ID"s, and the fields they specialize.

TaoLao (duythanh81): literacy, translation
    TrnHo (trangho_99): literacy, writing
    Lea (tinny_tot): translation, speaking
    Satori (lilasatori): literacy, writing
    MrRichard (garfield83402): vocabulary, speaking
    King67 (tuine2k2): general help, information
    PhamKyAnh (kyanh_pham2608): general help, information
    ColdButCool (coldbutcool): general help, information
    meaningless (mynuong85): general help, writing
    teddy_irr (nguyenhang8781): grammar, writing
    longarm (???): grammar, translation

This is an open-discussion program so we welcome ideas and help from everyone.

If you need any kind of help in English learning, we recommend that you post in the forum so everyone can respond to your issue. If the information is rather personal, you can contact any of us here via Yahoo Messenger. We will try to answer you as soon as possible.

For anyone who wants to practice English speaking, you can contact Mr. Richard and talk to him. He is a very nice American who wants to make friend with Vietnamese people. Please remember to be respectful to him.

SEC TUTORING GROUP PHILOSOPHY STATEMENTS

HOW: helping members affectively and quickly
    MAY: being friendly and courteous all the time
    WE : working as a team
    HELP: helping, helping, helping
    YOU: concentrating on the members" needs and benefits

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Activity #1
    WORD OF THE DAY

Building a good vocabulary knowledge is very important in learning a language. By having a rich vocabulary, you can express your ideas more effectively and professionally. One way to improve this skill is using the new words you learned as much as possible.

To help you enrich your vocabulary, everyday we will post one good word randomly chosen on the front page. Your task is to create a sentence that includes that word. We will select the best sentence and post it on the front page on the following day. At the end of the month, we will create a really cool online multiple-choice quiz to test how well you memorize and use these words.

Word for 9/21/06

- adulation: (n) excessive flattery or admiration

Được king67 sửa chữa / chuyển vào 08:20 ngày 21/09/2006
  2. litte_spiderman

litte_spiderman Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    03/08/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Bravo ! I think this topic should always be on the top so that everyone could read it.
  3. Tao_lao

Tao_lao Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    17/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Thank King very much for initiating such interesting and helpful activities . Your ideas and efforts are wonderful.
    I need SEC mems '' advices on English improvement of people who are not very socialized and shy. Two cases are my sister and niece who are staying in Sài Gòn. My sister is married, is so busy with her work and her daughters that she can''t find time to study English (even though she earned her English degree from The Univerisity of Social Sciences and Humanity but her English is very bad). I did advice her to read Viet Nam News (so cheap,) listen to BBC (recently I have asked and was answered by Ms. Trang, ) wacth English movies (like Friends) but no impact was observed. And for what reasons, I dun know (I fed up now.) My niece case is different. She is a 4th year student in HCM city University of Technology. She has a lot of spare time but too shy to socilized. I told her to go out, talk to poeple in English,make friends , then everything will be fine. But she doesn''t. Then, I gave up again. Hand-tied and leg-tied. Everybody, please me some good advices.Thank you.
    Được tao_lao sửa chữa / chuyển vào 16:55 ngày 20/09/2006
  4. nham_nhi2712

nham_nhi2712 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    16/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi King,
    Wow, this is exactly the things that I wanna see and look forward to joining it. :)
    I agree with little_spiderman. This topic should be put on top as it inspires SEC for a bright future.
    And by the way, can anybody help me to advise a place in Hochiminh City to learn effective speaking. Mine is rather good, but I wanna upgrade it to advance level. :)
    Can we create an offline speaking club at SG where we can share ideas every month??? What do you think?
  5. eeaa

eeaa Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    24/04/2004
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I agree, but how is it tutoring thingy gonna work? Can you tell us more as obviously there''''re too many people in charge of the same thing, King?
    TaoLao (duythanh81): literacy, translation
    TrnHo (trangho_99): literacy, writing
    Lea (tinny_tot): translation, speaking
    Satori (lilasatori): literacy, writing
    MrRichard (garfield83402): vocabulary, speaking
    King67 (tuine2k2): general help, information
    PhamKyAnh (kyanh_pham2608): general help, information
    ColdButCool (coldbutcool): general help, information
    meaningless (mynuong85): general help, writing
    teddy_irr (nguyenhang8781): grammar, writing
    longarm (???): grammar, translation
    Được dirosemimi sửa chữa / chuyển vào 23:49 ngày 20/09/2006
  6. MrRichard

MrRichard Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    02/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I look forward to helping anyone with their English speaking. I can learn from you alos. My chats are usually short due tomy Attention Disorder, but I will listen to you. Good day from Idaho, USA!
  7. aquarain

aquarain Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    15/12/2004
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    This is really a good news. Thank you, Tutors.
  8. coldbutcool

coldbutcool Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    30/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    good job, King !
    I will try all best to help you guys here within my ability concern my task.
    @ bro tao_lao :
    1st case : pls sympathize her because she got married and the family responsibility surely makes her have no time for cultivating her Eng. Anyway, I think that she can do some things in Eng.
    For example : Letting her daughters study English in one professional English Center. Then at home, she will help her children in getting acquainted with Eng by talking to them in Eng with simple words and upgrade days by days. Listen to music, radio when doing chore. Take note to-do-works list in Eng.
    2nd case : Is she shyer? if yes, first of all, I think she should cure their shyness. then, joining our SEC''s weekly online meeting coz we don''t know each other''s faces when speaking so let''s talk naturally, like me
    that''s all, bro !
  9. litte_spiderman

litte_spiderman Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    03/08/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I agree with CBC. Let her join SEC. It''s not only CBC''s idea but also my experience. ( Hic, do I use this structure correctly?)
  10. meaningless

meaningless Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    01/03/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Thank you, King. You know, I have been waiting for your project (may I say that?), It sounds great, absolutely wonderful. Do not think that I am trying to flatter you. It is simply just reality.
    I am very appreciate that I can be a part of wonderful job like this eventhough I feel a little bit nervous. But I will try all my best to help you and to set up a relationship with all of you, tutoring gruop. I hope we can have long-term co-operation.hihihi
    And to all of my potiential friends, we are all here, available for you to ask and to give to a hand ( I supposed ). I know for sure that all members of this gruop is so good, nice, enthusiatic, .....and patient. So do not be shy, they are waiting for you and waiting for being friends with you.
    Once again, thank you, my friends

Chia sẻ trang này