1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

SEC Tutoring Group - HOW MAY WE HELP YOU ?

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi king67, 20/09/2006.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. TrnHo

TrnHo Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    12/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    King,
    This is my revision, but I don''t know if it looks professional enough to sell the stuffs. Anyways, I gave it a try. Feel free to fix it.
    Dear Valued Customer,
    In today?Ts world, most countries have celebrated the Women?Ts Day, so Vietnam is not an exceptional. Therefore, October 20th was chosen to represent the ?oVietnamese Women?Ts Day.?
    As you all know, October 20th is coming up soon. This is your chance to show your deepest feeling/affections towards your beloved ones including your Mother, who gives you the meaning of life, your Wife, who gives you her trust, your Girlfriend, who gives you her heart, and your Sister, who gives you a hand when you are in need. One way or the other, these Women have engraved a kind of profound impression in you. They are the ones who have come into your life to help you to be a unique person and to be who you are. Moreover, they have brought you sweet moments, yet also bitter moments so that you would not forget those everlasting memories.
    Thus, life without Women is like life without meaning. Adam needs Eve and so does Eve. So again, October 20th is your day to make up for the days that you already have missed in showing your truest love. Therefore, with our help, we guarantee you that your loved ones will definitely have the most memorable day.
    I, on behalf of VyShop, urge you to visit our website at: http://www.VyShop.com as soon as you can to check out our wide variety range of lovely and meaningful gifts from flowers, candy, stuffed animals to even fresh fruits. Use your time wisely on this day!
    Thank you for your business.
    T. Loan
    Được TrnHo sửa chữa / chuyển vào 07:28 ngày 20/10/2006
  2. TrnHo

TrnHo Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    12/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Spiderman,
    I think I have an answer to your question (I hope) . I agree with King on his guess
    - Use "just" for something you approximate, something you are not 100% sure, or when you tell someone to do something.
    - Use "only" when you know the exact number, you want to emphasize a specific number of something.

I also have some more things to add to the explanation. For example:
    1. He only went to his friend?Ts house. --> by using ?oonly? in this sentence, the word ?oonly? is more emphasized, and ?oonly? tells you the number of places that he went. This instance tells that you know for sure where he went to.
    2. He just went to his friend?Ts house. --> in this case, ?ojust? is less emphasized. Use ?ojust? when you are not sure exactly. You only know that he went to his friend?Ts house, but not knowing if he did go somewhere else besides his friend?Ts house.
    Therefore, ?oonly? is being more emphasized when you use it (use ?oonly? when you are sure of the thing(s) you?Tre going to say) whereas using ?ojust? to less emphasizing on the thing(s) or the sentence.
    Spiderman,
    I''m sorry that it takes me so long to answer your "just and only" question. I hope my explanation makes sense to you. If I could think of some more to add, I will add to it later, ok? If you don''t get it, pls tell me. By the way, I found some interesting websites about your questions. Here they are:
    1. http://www.wordreference.com/definition/just (this website is a definition of ?ojust,? but I think it?Ts helpful to look at).
    2. http://thegrammarexchange.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=587607079&f=340600179&m=6441076721
  3. litte_spiderman

litte_spiderman Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    03/08/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Many thanks for your answer, Trang . I can understand what you explained. Hope I can use them correctly from now.
  4. tuyetoanhlity

tuyetoanhlity Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    26/10/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    [
    I understand why u say. I think it is a general problem nowadays. Many peoples study English but thay just learn grammar, vocabulary a lots not practice. If they donot pratice, they will forgot everythings quickly. Because It doesnot our mother language.They afraid of they say wrong and then everybody smile them.
    In ad***ion, Vietnamese allways sky not active, specially girls.Please forgive me If I say wrong.
    I think your two-sister borned in the 1970s. At that time, Vietnam didnot open-minded as now. So, students havenot a places where thay can pratice English. Nowadays, students can study by HBO, Star Movies or study in the foriegn school such as Outspace, Lotus, AUSP....or join English club...,etc.
    Moreover, I think It depends on Vietname education. We allways study a lot of theory.We try to learn to get the high- mark in our examination. I am an example. I finished my course in The University Humanlities and Social Sciences but sometimes I still say and write wrong. Infact, when I start to work, I didnot self-confident. I feel better than that now. But I stills talk with my friends who study abroad or the foreign people. I hope they can help me.
    Now, anybody want to improve and develope their job, they must improve themself first.Cuzz if u donot try to learn, who can help u?
    Wish I can help you a bit.
    [​IMG]
    Được tuyetoanhlity sửa chữa / chuyển vào 21:56 ngày 30/10/2006
    Được tuyetoanhlity sửa chữa / chuyển vào 21:58 ngày 30/10/2006
  5. lucke

lucke Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    16/04/2004
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Lucke đang tập tành dịch thuật, nãy giờ ngồi dịch đc 1 ít , mọi người đọc và chỉnh sửa giùm Lucke
    Hằng năm cứ vào cuối thu, lá ngoài đường rụng nhiều và trên không có những đám mây bàng bạc, lòng tôi lại nao nức những kỷ niệm hoang mang của buổi tựu trường.
    Tôi không thể nào quên được những cảm giác trong sáng ấy nảy nở trong lòng tôi như mấy cành hoa tươi mỉm cười giữa bầu trời quang đãng.
    Buổi sáng mai hôm ấy, một buổi mai đầy sương thu và gió lạnh. Mẹ tôi âu yếm nắm tay tôi dẫn đi trên con đường làng dài và hẹp. Con đường này tôi đã quen đi lại lắm lần, nhưng lần này tự nhiên tôi thấy lạ. Cảnh vật chung quanh tôi đều thay đổi, vì chính lòng tôi đang có sự thay đổi lớn: Hôm nay tôi đi học.
    Tôi không lội qua sông thả diều như thằng Quý và không ra đồng nô hò như thằng Sơn nữa.
    Trong chiếc áo vải dù đen dài tôi cảm thấy mình trang trọng và đứng đắn. Dọc đường tôi thấy mấy cậu nhỏ trạc bằng tôi, áo quần tươm tất, nhí nhảnh gọi tên nhau hay trao sách vở cho nhau xem mà tôi thèm. Hai quyển vở mới đang ở trên tay tôi đã bắt đầu thấy nặng. Tôi xóc lên và nắm lại cẩn thận. Mấy cậu đi trước có sách vở thiệt nhiều lại kèm cả bút thước nữa. Nhưng mấy cậu không để lộ vẻ khó khăn gì hết.
    Tôi nhìn mẹ tôi và nói :
    - Mẹ đưa bút thước cho con cầm.
    Mẹ tôi cúi đầu nhìn tôi với cặp mắt thật âu yếm:
    - Thôi để mẹ nắm cũng được.
    Trước sân trường làng Mỹ Lý đầy đặc cả người. Người nào áo quần cũng sạch sẽ, gương mặt cũng vui tươi và sáng sủa.
    Trước đó mấy hôm, lúc đi ngang làng Hòa An câu cá với thằng Minh, tôi có ghé trường một lần.
    Everyear, at the end of Fall, the leaves are falling from trees and the clouds are wandering on the sky. I am so excited with many pure memories at the school reopen
    I will never forget the feeling raising in my heart as if the fresh flowers was smiling in the clear sky
    At the early morning, a foggy and cold wind morning. My mother lightly hold my hand and walked along a long and narrow village lane. This lane I walked many times but this time I feel something difference. The scenes seem to be changed because I had a big change : today is a first day I go to school
    I don''''t across a river to fly a kite with QUY, and don''''t run to fields to frolic with my friends. This morning, with a long "ao dai", I feel grow up and more mature
    On the way, I see many kids have same age with me is in a clean and new uniform. They joyfully call their name and give books together. Two books seem heavier in my hands. so I have to shake and hold them carefully. I see some friends ahead. They are carrying many books and rulers but they don''''''''''''''''t seem have no difficulty to carry them

I look at my mother and ask :
    - May I have my books, mom ?
    My mother looks at me and smiles lightly :
    - It''''s ok, I can do it
    At front of the My Ly school yard, there is full of poeple. Everyone is in tidy clothes with a bright face. I visited this school 1 times a few days ago when I go fishing with Minh

Hic....hic mệt quá, thôi dịch nhiêu đây thôi. Nhờ mọi người chỉnh sửa giùm Lucke. Thx in advance
    Học cho lắm cũng mắm với cà
    Học tà tà cũng cà với mắm

Được lucke sửa chữa / chuyển vào 18:19 ngày 20/11/2006
  6. Tao_lao

Tao_lao Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    17/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Lucke đừng dịch từng chữ như vậy word by word khi đọc sẽ rất lủng củng và sặc mùi Vietnamese,cái xác tiếng Việt vẫn còn đó bởi lẽ đó là cách nói của người Việt, người Anh ko nói như vậy.
    Lucke mà nên dịch theo ý tức là từng câu cho đủ ý (literal translation), tức là dịch thô. Sau đó dịch lại từng câu cho đúng văn phong tiếng Anh : viết câu gọn, rõ ràng,chính xác. Sau đó quan tâm đến đoạn văn: liên kết, ý tưởng...bằng cách sắp xếp lại từ ngữ, chủ thể ngữ pháp trong câu cho thành đoạn mạch lạc.
    Nhưng viết như vậy chỉ là viết cho đúng (tức là như mình làm thủ công cắt dán,chính sữa the art of craftmanship), chứ chưa gọi là hay theo văn chương (như đoạn mà lucke chọn dịch). Không nên thử sức dịch văn chương mà nên dịch những cái ''đời thường'' dễ dễ trước. Đi từ dễ đến khó.
  7. coldbutcool

coldbutcool Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    30/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    uh, Lucke
    anh Gà nói đúng ó.. bữa Lucke send cbc bài dịch của L như cbc sorry vì cbc chưa có feedback lại cho Lucke, you know the reason why huh
    Lucke dịch, hông phải dịch y sì từng chữ dịch qua đâu Lucke... bữa nào rảnh rảnh, nói chuyện với Lucke nhiều hơn hen
  8. litte_spiderman

litte_spiderman Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    03/08/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi,
    Anyone ( especially someone live outsite Vietnam ) can tell me if the native English speakers usually use idioms or not ? How about you ? Do you usually use idioms when talking ?
    One more, is it impolite when using it ? I asked this question because I know some idioms such as "work like a dog", "as blind as a bat", "eat like a horse", ...
    Được litte_spiderman sửa chữa / chuyển vào 23:06 ngày 16/12/2006
  9. superpig

superpig Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    02/09/2005
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    bạn ơi, bạn có thể dịch giúp mình bằng Đại Học sang tiếng Anh dc ko?
  10. yinyang

yinyang Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    25/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I myself dont use IDIOM as usual. In some written project, I may use some IDIOM but just a little ''cause using IDIOM is very dangerous if you dont understand it totally. And the IDIOMs that you know are limited.
    English is not your mother tongue, so I think you''d better use the formal English to avoid misunderstanding :)

Chia sẻ trang này