1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

SEC Tutoring Group - HOW MAY WE HELP YOU ?

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi king67, 20/09/2006.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. coldbutcool

coldbutcool Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    30/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    i don''t deserve to receive bro tao_lao''s adulation (if it happened in real life :D) coz i''m not his model.
    I did give my admiration for another one here :D
  2. nham_nhi2712

nham_nhi2712 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    16/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hello Trang,
    Your translation is really impressive :)
    You made me feel as I''m standing in front of Thien Mu Pagoda.
    To King67 - WORD OF THE DAY
    Here''s my sentence:
    "Adulation ruins a girl"
    Nice day to all of you!
  3. Anh_trai_76

Anh_trai_76 Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    23/11/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Jet? Are you translating or writing an essay ? Translation is not a good way of writing English.
    I have not read the Vietnamese version. I highlight some, but not all, points in Trang''''s version that might need ad***ional examination
    Thien Mu pagoda is one of the most prettiest pagodas, which has been existed from the 17th century and is about five kilometers from Hue City. Thien Mu pagoda is the most ancient monastery in Hue city. The seven-layered roof pagoda was built in 1844 that lies upon a reflection of a serene Perfume River. This pagoda with its surrounded construction sites have become one of the most important and memorable historical monuments in Hue. Hidden behind it is a small temple. The devoted monks cultivate by themselves, take care of their own food, and live an extremely frugal life. It is the best time to visit this temple when the sun is setting to the west, which spreads a ray of bright and golden light down, and the surface of the river begins to glitter. The woven-roof sampans are scattered upon the river to transform that landscape to even more picturesque. The tourists are in luck to have visited the sight at the time when the monks are carried out an evening ceremony, to have listened to their softly prayer, with their most clearly voice which dimply echoes back from inside of the pagoda.
    Được Anh_trai_76 sửa chữa / chuyển vào 14:53 ngày 21/09/2006
  4. kyanhpham

kyanhpham Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    18/05/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I and sis Trang have made some efforts on this piece. Hope that it''s alright ''coz I''m not an expert... Hix hix...
    If you come to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City without once trying on a pedicab ride, you miss an enjoyment that you canâ?Tt have elsewhere. In Hanoi, the pedicab appeared in the early 1930s of the century. It is a simple transportation using man-power. The predicab has been designed following an intention of showing respect to customers because the rider''s position is placed on the back. Being on a predicab ride, you won''t feel uncomfortable, caused by the rider''s laborious sitting form and the blocked front-view. The pedicab, a simple transportation, could bring you much enjoyment (/ many interests). Anyone hasnâ?Tt tried taking a pedicab ride yet, try it once in order to understand and taste its pleasure.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is mine:
    I has gained my adulation of SEC''s mems when meeting them in the real like. ( hope that it''s Okie... hix hix )
    I think this is a great idea you should persue, BB King. You have grasped our adulation in such a nice way...( I consider it as a good example for your word too, BB King )
  5. TrnHo

TrnHo Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    12/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I wanna try the "Word of the Day", too.
    I always take my adulation to an extreme level when it''''s time to flatter my boyfriend so that he would accompany me to the mall.
    nham_nhi2712,
    Thanks so much for your comment, and I''ll try my best. Very nice to meet you.
    Được TrnHo sửa chữa / chuyển vào 15:18 ngày 21/09/2006
  6. TrnHo

TrnHo Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    12/09/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Anh_trai_76,
    Could you fix the sentences that you highlighted so that I would be able to know what''s wrong with it instead of giving me just that. It''s my very first time to do a translation, so I know that I did make mistakes. Thank you very much, and hoping to see your explanation.
  7. atxkm

atxkm Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    03/01/2006
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
  8. Anh_trai_76

Tham gia ngày:
    23/11/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hey, it''s not retranslation what he requested. What he need is correcting his mistakes or improper usage of words and phrases.
  9. Anh_trai_76

Tham gia ngày:
    23/11/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    I just question these points, not saying that they are incorrect. However, I will explain what I feel unsure for these points below:
    - most prettiest : double comparison. It should be either prettiest or most pretty.
    - has been existed: must be "has existed" or "has been existing", right?
    - Hidden behind it is a small temple: in this sentence, the temple is the subject so I think it should be "hiding behind".
    - when the sun is setting to the west, which spreads a ray of bright and golden light down, and the surface of the river begins to glitter: for this sentence, the last clause seems disconnected. I suggest a small modification, which produces no grammatical change but might sound, to me, smoother: when the sun is setting to the west, spreading a ray of bright and golden light down and the surface of the river begins to glitter.
    - to transform that landscape to even more picturesque: I expect transform something to something, that is a noun. picturesque is an adjective
  10. Tao_lao

Tao_lao Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    17/04/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Wow, the topic has attracted great attention from our mems. Good jobs everyone.
    To practice translation is a good way to improve writing skills in both Vietnamese and English. Translations of three paragraphs (I suppose) were given and discussed as examples. Our members shown great skills in translation. However, I thought three paragraphs were not well written in Vietnamese. It is a collection of sentences rather than a paragraph. I suggest we should improve the Vietnamese version before we do translate it into English.
    ( I will give more comments later when I have approriate time)

Chia sẻ trang này