1. Tuyển Mod quản lý diễn đàn. Các thành viên xem chi tiết tại đây

Tiền thân của CLB tiếng Anh Sài Gòn(những ngày còn "định cư " tại HCMCC)

Chủ đề trong 'Câu lạc bộ Tiếng Anh Sài Gòn (Saigon English Club)' bởi dirosemimi, 04/03/2002.

1. 1 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 1)
  1. HTung

HTung Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    31/01/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    That's right!
    To Gor: sometimes, you can look at the idom, and guess its meaning from its origin word. This is one, so I give you this idom just let you know one way to know the meaning of a new idom. Let take this idom as an exp: You hate s.o., and you wanna bite him but you don't have any teeth (maybe you are so good that people hit you and take off all of your tooth ) so how can you chew his arm? So that means you can't do that although you want to do it very much. Just funny ! But that's really a good skill to learn English!
    See ya!
    No one want to be lonely. Why?
  2. GoBlue

GoBlue Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    19/03/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Dear folks ...for those who are interesting in taking TOEFL or wanna study aboard ...this is an example of MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery ) which is an equivalent to TOEFL...the test is used as an assessment to get admission to U.S. universities ...you can try the test here
    at
    http://www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/melab%20sample%20test%20items.htm
    By the way...you also find information about ECPE,ECCE at the English Language Institute of the College of Literature, Science and Art, University of Michigan homepage at
    http://www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/index.htm
    try it and learn...
    go blue
  3. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Ok, now, everybody, plz think about this 8th idiom " wake up and smell the coffee " .
    Ex : We have to wake up and smell the coffee . If we don't like the way the company 's moving, we have to change things.
    The winner is...........?
    To GoBlue : Many thanks to your introduction of those websites. It's so useful.
    To Gorillaz : vote me, dear ! Why could you forget to do that. Poor me !

Dirosemimi

Được sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 29/03/2002 22:43
  4. Gorillaz

Gorillaz Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    11/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    ok ok! Don't cry honey ! hic hic! I did vote 4 u and did not know y I had to Remember.. I did not challenge u to answer that ques! That's Htung's challenge muh! hic hic! Anyway... I did vote for u! So... hihi!
    Okie.. I think... wake up and smell the coffee means be more more more more aware of something, problem... In this case, we must be more aware of the moving of our company. If we..., we have to change this.
    Am I rite? The winner is.. ..okie, never mind.. someone vote for me pleasee! hì hì !thanks ! hihi !
    Htung: Ur so FUNNY man!
    and you wanna bite him but you don't have any teeth (maybe you are so good that people hit you and take off all of your tooth
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I like the way u explain this idiom! It's really interesting and impressive to me. ( maybe ur so good... ) hahahha !
    hey man, I did answer ur ques correctly and firstly but u did not vote for me man! hic hic!
    Goblue:
    It's just Michigan university. hic hic....Could u mind ....???
    Nguyen
    I'm not like them, but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone, but I have a light.
    The day is done, but I'm having fun.
    I think I'm dumb or maybe just happy...think I'm just happy.
  5. gladiator

gladiator Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    27/12/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Reasons Why The English Language Is So Hard To Learn

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
    2. The farm was used to produce produce.
    3. The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
    4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
    5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
    7. Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
    8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
    9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    10. I did not object to the object.
    11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    12. There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
    13. They were too close to the door to close it.
    14. The buck does funny things when the does are present.
    15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into the sewer.
    16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
    18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
    19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.
    20. I had *****bject the subject to a series of tests.
    21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
    Let's face it - English is a crazy language.

P.S. Why doesn't BUICK rhyme with QUICK?
    Gladiator
  6. Gorillaz

Tham gia ngày:
    11/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hahaha ! You also got this interesting "thing" I ( actually we) got this "thing" b4 and we spent a whole period to define each word. It was... kind of.... hì hì !
    Nguyen
  7. HTung

HTung Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    31/01/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    To Gori: I remember that dirosemimi answered my quez, not you, and I have just voted for her. But I think from now on, every people can give quez but just one can vote. I think dirosemimi can take this role. But, I'm angry now! Why don't I have any vote from you? I answered the 6th riddle correctly. Where are you at that time, Gori? (maybe you are on the moon?)
    To dirosemimi: what are we going to do next?
    No one want to be lonely. Why?
  8. Gorillaz

Tham gia ngày:
    11/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    hic hic! Y do I have to vote for u guys ? hic hic! I didn't ask any questions. I just answer ur challenges, remember? hic hic! And now.. u guys force me to vote for u .. even i were not the one who challenged and asked the ques. Oops, wait, look carefully who answered that ques first. Anyway, u guys made me mad, really mad.. hic hic....... bi bo .......
    Who votes for who... I don't mind.... I did vote for Di, thats all... no more discussion.. too mad....
    Nguyen
  9. GoBlue

GoBlue Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    19/03/2002
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hi folks....that's the time to do something new...giving riddle or idioms is a good way to learn Eng...but that's not a very practical way....how many of your guys here did apply it in your lives? Take a look at the last two pages...only some members quizzed and answered together...a good speaker 've never ever ever used a lot of idioms or riddles.....My professor made lecture very clearly ... by simple words...even a very bad English learner (like me) understand ...how about people with superficial skill in English when they come here...of course...they'll give up what you're doing here....
    So why don't we open more topic and get more people...people can debate, controvert...give thoughts in any interesting aspects in their lives, in the reality (not too general)....
    for me, the way we translated English name for schools in Vietnam had some problems...for instance, the word "University" has been used for ANY "Dai Hoc" in Vietnam...University of Architecture, HCMUniversity of Nature Science,University of Technology tc...All of them should be called college since they belong to HCM National University..it's funny when we say HCM University of Nature Science belongs to HCM National University ....In fact, a name for an institution (University,College, school) has some certain sizes as well as requirements...for example you can't be called a university of you have less than 10,000 students in size.....at Michigan...College of Engineering has more than 10,000 students...but still a college....and UM medical school has its own hospital ( 1st university hospital in U.S), with over 5000 people....ranked one of the best medical school in U.S. ..but they're still a school ..not like Medical University in Vietnam as we call....what u think about that?...take a look at your school name in English....and see if it's right or wrong...My friend was very suprised when I told him a university in a university in Vietnam..
    about Vietnamese, I don't think we'll have problems when put Vietnamese in, as long as it relates to Eng club..that's fine , cause translation and interpretation between the two languages are not easy...let see some and talk about that....
    You don't agree or do agree with what I'm saying?...feed me back...I'm so glad to hear something from ur guys..not only idioms and riddles....but anyway...thanks for those donated idioms and riddles....I like it...
    Go Blue....go blue....
  10. dirosemimi

dirosemimi Thành viên quen thuộc

Tham gia ngày:
    22/09/2001
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Yeah , GoBlue , you must have paid a lot of attention to HCMC English Club. We need the persons who have enthusiasm like you to develop activities. At present, I??Tm trying by best to draw attention to our EC by idioms, but I think this way will be changed to make our EC more variable. Actually, It??Ts very difficult to find a ??ogamê?? that is interesting enough for everybody and is easy enough for most of people to attend and is difficult enough for not making them boring. At the beginning of building this club , I gave out an topic, but I received no reply ( surprised !). Maybe my topic is not interesting , but maybe it costs members a lot of time to think and to write their thoughts in English , I guess so. Therefore, I think about riddles and prizes , and everything has been moving . It makes me so happy.
    Because I want to have as many EC members as possible , I need a ??o game for everybody??? . Futhermore, I want our club has offline activity as English Speaking Club, so I need a lot of interests of HCMC members. Do you understand , GoBlue?
    Anyway, as far as I??Tm concerned , your idea is exciting. Okey, now, our club will have two things to do at the same time .If you have time, plz think out some other interesting activities for our club. Thanks in advance.
    Hey, everybody, plz present your opinion about the problem that GoBlue give us. And test your English ability with this 9th riddle :
    Dan got the highest mark on the math test.???In a pig??Ts eyê??!
    What does the idiom??? in a pig??Ts eyê?? means
    ?
    To Gorillaz : very sorry, it??Ts my mistake. The person who owed me 5 stars is Htung, not you. Thanks for your vote. And now, I want to announce that : the winner of the 8th riddle is ......Gorillaz.
    To Htung: Gorillaz was not the author of the riddle you won. That ??oVIP??? is Quanbanh97202 . And our club??Ts regulation has no change : the person who give out riddle has reponsibitility of voting stars.

Dirosemimi

ĐỈ?ợc sửa chữa b?Yi - dirosemimi vào 29/03/2002 23:00
    ĐỈ?ợc sửa chữa bởi - dirosemimi vào 29/03/2002 23:01

Chia sẻ trang này